Are we sure that's not the cockpit of the Jf-17 block 3 version ?

The J-10C cockpit layout seems to be a bit different.

View: https://x.com/stoa1984/status/1336647965813796865

Eoy6IEmVEAAkJjO
These are J-10B not C. The WAR looking HUD I’m fairly sure is B only. The bottom left one is from a tv show.

At this point they’ve only signed an agreement pursuing collaboration in advanced fighter development. We don’t know which one is involved (J-10C or FC-31/J-35) and whether it would amount to anything in the future.

View: https://youtu.be/QuUNuHiCVhs?si=E1rLDmo4l0iyGCSK

Hard to believe that their pilots flying their main fighter jets are gonna convert at once from English language to hCinese and retrain themselves at the Chinese red Flag... That´s a jump even taller than Cheops would have dreamed.

PAF version definitely uses English language in interface. Comes with voice control too so I assume it could also accommodate different accents.

At this point they’ve only signed an agreement pursuing collaboration in advanced fighter development. We don’t know which one is involved (J-10C or FC-31/J-35) and whether it would amount to anything in the future.

View: https://youtu.be/QuUNuHiCVhs?si=E1rLDmo4l0iyGCSK

PAF version definitely uses English language in interface. Comes with voice control too so I assume it could also accommodate different accents.

Well, in fact it would be interesting to know what's the true wording of this statement ... even more so what is meant with "collaboration in advanced fighter development", which is IMO totally made up my the typical suspects and their accompanying fan-boy cheerleaders in the social media!

And so in fact we know only they "signed an agreement pursuing collaboration in advanced fighter development", but the media reports thsi already as a given fact as if Egypt is in negotiations for at least 12 J-20, those J-10CEs will be manufactured locally in Egypt with full ToT and also the same is for the upcoming J-31 production!

The biggest problem is, neither MilitaryWatchMagazine nor the DefenceBlog and especially not BulgarianMilitary are credible and trustworthy sites ... at best they post almost everything with the touch of being "confirmed", typical click-bait sites!

And so for this there is one original source (A) in arabic of at best a vague content, which is quoted by source B, re-reported by source C in a made-up form, quoted by D as "we heard from reliable sources" and so on ... finally to be repeated again by source A claiming we already knew it!!

Some of the earliest f16s egypt has are now 40 to 42 years old. They are bound to get replaced by something very soon.
Mig29 and rafales seem to have replaced the myriad of older j7/mirage jets.
If anything, the su35 deal was possibly there to replace the earliest f16.

In addition to f16, which will need replacment in huge numbers going forward, 40 airframes asap and 40 more by the end of the decade, there might be an issue with mig29.

Sure they are new but reportedly the influx of replacment parts from russia has been an issue due to ongoing caatsa pressure. Its plausible that egypt might decide to divest itself of the migs at some point, if the alleged maintenance woes are true.

Some of the earliest f16s egypt has are now 40 to 42 years old. They are bound to get replaced by something very soon.
If Egypt is going to replace its F-16s in the near future I wonder if the US or another Western European country will buy them on the cheap and refurbish them before donating them to Ukraine?

Mig29 and rafales seem to have replaced the myriad of older j7/mirage jets.
If anything, the su35 deal was possibly there to replace the earliest f16.

In addition to f16, which will need replacment in huge numbers going forward, 40 airframes asap and 40 more by the end of the decade, there might be an issue with mig29.

Sure they are new but reportedly the influx of replacment parts from russia has been an issue due to ongoing caatsa pressure. Its plausible that egypt might decide to divest itself of the migs at some point, if the alleged maintenance woes are true.
for logistics sake, might be best if Egypt consolidates around the Rafale and the J-10C
the F-16s and Mirage-2000s will need to be retired as you stated, due to their age
MiG-29s have issues with the sanctions and it seems they are unhappy with it, perhaps they could find a market for it somewhere

IMOHO this J-10 fray is just there to put pressure to get F-35. I can´t see this happening unless they come largely financed by China.
Again, why would you switch over to an entirely new design philosophy and logistic for something that an upgraded F-16 can largely outmatch?

IMOHO this J-10 fray is just there to put pressure to get F-35. I can´t see this happening unless they come largely financed by China.
Again, why would you switch over to an entirely new design philosophy and logistic for something that an upgraded F-16 can largely outmatch?

It does feel like Egypt is playing footsie with the Chinese to try and make the americans pay attention and given them what they want.

Main issue is that Egyptian F-16 can’t fire AIM-120. I doubt that the U.S. will sell them F-35. If they can even get AIM-120B as a concession from this it will be a win.

As I gather radar wise the J-10B and C are much more comparable to the F-16 block 60 with its liquid cooled radar then the air cooled block 70. I can’t speak for the fancy AESA algorithms though which I know the block 70 is very much like the F-35 in that regard.

I wonder what the implicatiom would be in terms of US military aid (FMF, etc.) to Egypt.
Of course buddy buy what you want! Your taking them to bright star right?

I wonder what the implicatiom would be in terms of US military aid (FMF, etc.) to Egypt.

Russia and China will be increasingly desperate to sell their military wares as the Russo-Ukrainian war so far has shown that Russia's latest military gear is not the shit hot stuff their propaganda made it out to be (Plus they're desperate to use as much gear they can get their hands on) and most of (If not all) China's military gear is based on upgrade Soviet/Russian equipment.

… and most of (If not all) China's military gear is based on upgrade Soviet/Russian equipment.

I think you should do a reality check! What WAS in past-times is no longer valid for a lot - IMO MOST - of the modern stuff and surely neither the J-10C, J-20 or J-35 and its missile armament have any Soviet/Russian genes in it.

Last edited:
Also the notion of what is or isn't effective in the Ukraine war has been so warped beyond recognition that it would be silly to make such bold statements.

They are good fighters and as a sensor platform carrying the export pl-10 and 15 missiles it would cause a lot of geopolitical unrest. Egypt would surely be punished if they made the choice. To what extent either via long term and quiet means or more overt I am not sure. Also China could be brought under the CAATSA umbrella.

From what I am hearing I do not think Egypt is in an economic or geopoliticical position at this time to make such a bold move as buying J-10CE fighters. Also Egypt might be using this potential purchase in order to get their way with other stuff with the west. Using China in such a way is common for a nation like Egypt where in order to survive and thrive they got to be cutthroat and shrewd. I remember hearing Russians and theie fans bitterly talking of this in the context of relations with Turkey. The phrase was "sitting on two chairs at once". Nations like Turkey and Egypt must be this wily as I said earlier. They are in a constant state of juggling the big bullies. I include us in that list as well as Russia and China.