• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

C-27 variants under study

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!
Reaction score
Website
beyondthesprues.com
Hi folks,

Two C-27J variants apparently under study:

An AEW variant:

And a stretched variant:

Regards,

Greg

Apophenia

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Interesting. A 1.5m rear-fuselage stretch was proposed for the Tyne-engined G.222ST (Air International Vol16 No4, Apr 1979). The proportions look the same.

I guess surplus power applies as much to the C-27J as to the old Tyne G.222 concepts.

Iranian F-14A

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
I heard from Janes there is/was a maritime patrol model which they were going to pitch towards Taiwan.Now seeing as Taiwan has been wanting P-3s for the longest,this would seem like a compromise.Haven't seen any pics or line drawings,but I'd assume since this is an EADS projet,it may have a nose radome like the maritime patrol CASA 235.No idea as to if it would be armed of not either.

frank

Reaction score
ISTR reading just in the last week or so that there's an AC-27 gunship in the works.

spectre

BOOM
Reaction score
frank said:
ISTR reading just in the last week or so that there's an AC-27 gunship in the works.
Gen. Michael Moseley commented at the AFA conference that they are looking into a gunship variant with the new 30MM installed....From what I understand at the moment it is just talk.

Pioneer

Seek out and close with the enemy
Reaction score
GTX said:
Hi folks,

Two C-27J variants apparently under study:

An AEW variant:

And a stretched variant:

Regards,

Greg

How ironic Greg.

When I was all but a teenager (31 years ago), a mate and I, envisaged and incorporated a AEW and gunship variant of the G.222, into our 'System' (The 'System' being our idea of the ideal/most proficient Australian Defence Force). Alas, our envisaged G.222 AEW was based around the Grumman E-2 Hawkeye radar system, our G.222 gunship incorporated a 105mm howitzer of the AC-130. They were to be used in 'Expedition Air Units', which could deploy and use rough-field airbase deployment in the Australian North, to directly support operations!

If only I could have foreseen last weeks Tatts Lotto numbers :p

Regards
Pioneer

fightingirish

Reaction score
The aircraft company Leonardo will deliver first C-27J Next Generation airlifter in 2021.
The new version includes visibel the addition of performance-enhancing winglets. The brand-new avionics system of the C-27J Next Generation is designed to comply with Next Generation Air Traffic Control requirements, including FANS 1/A+ datalink; TCAS 7.1; ILS Cat.II; enhanced video TAWS. New cockpit displays; new weather radar; new radio navigation; enhanced satellite communications and radio communication capabilities; new intercommunication system; new cockpit and cargo panels; Mode 5 IFF/ADS-B out and tactical VNAV and Search and Rescue; lighting system with LED technology have also been included. The first enhanced aircraft will be delivered to an undisclosed customer in 2021.
Sources: https://www.flightglobal.com/defenc...t-generation-airlifter-in-2021/141084.article

Wyvern

ACCESS: Secret
Reaction score
An electronic warfare variant is in service with the Italian Airforce called the EC-27J dubbed "Jedi".