Blue Angels

Their previous airplanes were some of the last 1st generation hornets in US service and were apparently worn out and getting expensive to maintain.

Sferrin, thanks for sharing the video!

Looks, like with Super Hornet introduction, Blue Angels livery changes a bit. This aircraft have different air intakes, which allows to paint more massive "US Navy" on their sides.

I wonder if that won't be their nosiest season shows since they hastily retired their Phantoms :eek:

Blue angel theme underlines perfectly the amazing SH lines.

Glad you like the lines, Tomcat; my group at Northrop did the lines for the inlets, center and aft fuse and the vertical tails of the Rhino. Northrop-designed aircraft don't look like an F-35 covered in lumps and bumps!

Glad you like the lines, Tomcat; my group at Northrop did the lines for the inlets, center and aft fuse and the vertical tails of the Rhino. Northrop-designed aircraft don't look like an F-35 covered in lumps and bumps!
Did you work on the P530 at all? Always loved that iteration.

I suppose they had to change. Just.... The Super is bigger and uglier than"Legacy" Hornet.

Amusing how the US Navy can fly an entire squadron of F-18E purely "for show" while allies (e.g. Canada) struggle to keep enough CF-18A serviceable to provide a force large enough to maintain expertise.

Did you work on the P530 at all? Always loved that iteration.
No - before my time in AD