Big Gemini now Available from Fantastic Plastic

ABU625

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
McDonnell Douglas' "Big Gemini" transport spacecraft is now available in the Fantastic Plastic Virtual Museum Store:

http://fantastic-plastic.com/BigGeminiCatalogPage.htm

This meticulously detailed 1:48 kit was mastered by Paul Roberts based on extensive documentation, and cast by BLAP! Models. Decals are by JBOT.

The kit has 43 pieces and builds up into a finished model about 10 inches long. That's about the same size as the old Revell 1:24 standard Gemini model from the 1960s. The price is $90.00 plus shipping.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• BigGeminiBoxArt-500.jpg
    BigGeminiBoxArt-500.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 56
  • BigGemini-WhatYouGet.jpg
    BigGemini-WhatYouGet.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 57
  • BigGemini-Main.jpg
    BigGemini-Main.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 67
  • BigGemini-CommandModuleDeta.jpg
    BigGemini-CommandModuleDeta.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 58
  • BigGemini-SPFX.jpg
    BigGemini-SPFX.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 59

OM

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Website
www.io.com
...Memory's failing me right now for some reason, but do you recall what the intended booster for this particular configuration was?

Michel Van

ACCESS: Above Top Secret
Reaction score
OM said:
...Memory's failing me right now for some reason, but do you recall what the intended booster for this particular configuration was?

for Big G for NASA a derived launch vehicle composed of five solid motors with an S-IVB upper stage (the Saturn INT-16?)
for Big G for USAF the Titan IIIM (the service and cargo module are cylinder shape)
so the Literature, but the picture show USAF Big G diameter of 4,69 m or 15.41 ft ø that for Titan 3L2 launch vehicle

OM

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Website
www.io.com
Michel Van said:
OM said:

for Big G for NASA a derived launch vehicle composed of five solid motors with an S-IVB upper stage (the Saturn INT-16?)
for Big G for USAF the Titan IIIM (the service and cargo module are cylinder shape)
so the Literature, but the picture show USAF Big G diameter of 4,69 m or 15.41 ft ø that for Titan 3L2 launch vehicle

...Right. One of the Big G stack plans called for the Titan IIIM, while another called for at least a Saturn I if not a IB. A fully crewed Big G I could see more likely requiring the IB, as that was the SI redesigned for the S-IVB. We had several threads over the years on sci.space.history regarding this topic, and I may do a Google Groups search for them later on.