robunos

You're Mad, You Are.....
Reaction score
while researching for the 'pave gat' thread, i came across this, in 'B-57 Canberra at war 1964-1972',

"As the first B-57s came off the production line in june 1954, Martin proposed to the AF a 'Utility Courier' based on the basic Canberra airframe.
A passenger compartment seated 6-11 extende forward from the main wing spar and added 24inches to the length of the nose. Larger 600gal tip tanks,
fuselage tanks of 915 gal, and additional wing tanks totalled 3580 gal, 140 gal more than the b-57B max fuel load. cabin pressurisation was 8000ft at 40,000ft
altitude. The proposal did not proceed past the mock-up stage.'

does anyone have any more info on this?, also, was anything similar proposed for the british Canberra?

cheers,
Robin.

Attachments

• B-57 combat transport #1.jpg
    B-57 combat transport #1.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 547
  • B-57 combat transport #2.jpg
    B-57 combat transport #2.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 459
ı can't find it now , but there was a reference in what if speculative modelling that a canberra had about 10 people on board who ( maybe ) travelled in the bomb bay . This was seen by a friend of the poster .

found this while looking for something else, in 'stuck on the drawing board', (excellent book by the way, go buy it), :)
not quite what i was looking for, but fairly close.

cheers,
Robin.

Attachments

• EE civil canberra.jpg
    EE civil canberra.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 322
I can't happen but notice that the wing spar is going to run right through the cabin at about waist level :eek:

Unless it used one of those circular spar structures as used on the On Mark corporate A-26 Invader conversions..............

Kevin Renner said:
I can't happen but notice that the wing spar is going to run right through the cabin at about waist level :eek: