'B-3' bomber from 'Broken Arrow' movie - Scott Lowther's model

Orionblamblam

ACCESS: USAP
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Website
www.aerospaceprojectsreview.com
TsrJoe said:
one id planned but never managed to get around to was the 'B.3' from 'Broken Arrow'..definately a neat looking design which id love to see in model form someday...

What, you mean like this one?

http://www.fantastic-plastic.com/B-3BomberCataloguePage.htm

B-3Pattern.jpg

Hey ... very nice ! CAn You tell anything about release date, price and especially its dimensions I don't know more about that "type" other than being slightly smaller than the B-2 ... so in 1/144 this would be ? ???

Thanks for posting, Deino

Deino said:
Hey ... very nice ! CAn You tell anything about release date, price...

Nope. Not my department.

and especially its dimensions I don't know more about that "type" other than being slightly smaller than the B-2 ...

Actually... not so much.

Attachments

• B2+B3.jpg
    B2+B3.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 677
Is this B-3 model based on an actual design study by one of the contractors, or is it conjectural? In any event, it's a sweet-looking plane.

CFE said:
Is this B-3 model based on an actual design study by one of the contractors, or is it conjectural?

Purely conjectural, on the part of the production designers and modelmakers for "Broken Arrow." And while the design has some aspects that I'd take issue with, it actually seems *reasonably* good for a transonic B-2-descendant. Certainly not a supercruiser though.

fightingirish said:
befx1jf2.jpg

Skilled craftsmanship and a lot of special effects wizardry were employed in the design of the B-3 Stealth Bomber,an imaginary extension of the current Stealth model bomber, the B-2, modified by Gross to look even more sleek and mean on film.
Since the Stealth is ultra-secret, the production received minimal cooperation from the military.
Instead, Gross and visual effects supervisor Don Baker used their considerable skills and imagination to design a one-sixth scale miniature, measuring eighteen-feet long and fourteen-feet wide.
Source: http://www.foxhome.com/brokenarrow/html/efx1.htm

Shouldn't Scott now wait for BMW-style letter from FOX? )))

Are those B-2/B-3 drawings really in the same scale? The cockpit of the B-3 looks larger although it seems the same shape. My sense of the aircraft in the movie was that it was substantially smaller than a B-3.

However, the drawings and Scott's model layout help. I have some odd-scale B-2 around somewhere I could probably hack up into a B-3 in 1/72. Although then, what will I use for the 1/72 Northrop ATA? :'(

Kim M

Kim Margosein said:
Are those B-2/B-3 drawings really in the same scale?

Roughly. The available information on the dimensions and scale of the model built for the movie conflicts. Look at the human figure in the B-3 drawing to help give soem scale... it's not a small plane. And as for the cockpit being big on the B-3... take a look at it as shown in the movie. It is, like too many Hollywood movies, quite open and spacious.

AARGH Per the comparison drawings, the B-3 is roughly 158' wingspan and 93' length. Per the Fox website, the 1/6 scale studio model is 14' wingspan and 18' length, making an 84' wingspan and 108' length. This corresponds closer to Gross's drawings.

I gotta get the movie to figure this out. I tried downloading the clips from the Fox site but are postage stamp size.

Kim M

Does anyone know the approximate dimensions of the hypothetical B-3 "Stealth Bomber" from the film "Broken Arrow?" A resin kit was recently advertised on the "Fantastic Plastic" website, but without anything to scale the model.

or just put the link here

http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,2517.0.html

Attachments

• B-3BoxArt-500.jpg
    B-3BoxArt-500.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 74
  • B-3-FrontPortAngle-FP.jpg
    B-3-FrontPortAngle-FP.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 96
  • B-3-RearAngle-FP.jpg
    B-3-RearAngle-FP.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 92