Australian Animals That Won't Kill You, Ranked (Kotaku)

Drop Bears have been proven resistant to even tactical or strategic nukes. There were captive Drop Bears at the Maralinga tests to see how they could survive. They became even angrier and nastier after being tossed around by the explosion. They were all euthanased thankfully before they could do much damage.

Meanwhile, during the current crisis, it appears the genetic engineers have been at it yet again.
Link

Last edited:
I am very worried about reading this thread. I thought Kangaroos and Koalas like Dolphins were the good guys! Lisa Goddard used to pet Skippy the Bush Kangaroo.
Spiders snakes and crocs on the other hand like nowhere else on Earth.

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/australia/comments/nzhldk/if_the_floods_werent_enough_i_give_you_spider/

Even Pelicans were once to be feared there:

Last edited:
I think this thread is a cunning ploy by the Aussies to stop us from bringing Covid to
their fair land.
We all know that reality is much more like this....

Attachments

• wp0433751.jpg
    wp0433751.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 12
  • s-l400 (5).jpg
    s-l400 (5).jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 10
  • article-2027812-0D72978D00000578-639_468x386.jpg
    article-2027812-0D72978D00000578-639_468x386.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 11
After his first prison stint Skippy had a whole new look:

04e0d27ab59c50e1818889c3a4cd1f05_xl.jpg

GTX I think you are trying to shift the blame from the true most dangerous animals in Oz
But seriously hoping that Australia and New Zealand can open up soon.

Attachments

• jason-and-kylie-z.jpg
    jason-and-kylie-z.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 6
The fact that it is home to most of the world's really deadly snakes always sends shivers down my spine. Especially with so many fires and stuff driving animals out of their habitats. Being locked down in a country with that lot and no access to decent European beer would drive anyone crazy..

The fact that it is home to most of the world's really deadly snakes always sends shivers down my spine. Especially with so many fires and stuff driving animals out of their habitats. Being locked down in a country with that lot and no access to decent European beer would drive anyone crazy..
I assure you it has - when all you have access to is ALDI beer out here in the sticks!

My ornithology chops aren't that great but have observed birds' territorial behavior on many occasions. They can be quite brave and persistent so am not surprised that under some circumstances they'd view light UAVs as threatening and take aggressive action - but didn't anticipate our feathered friends taking on larger, delivery sized aircraft. Many of those things don't even remotely look like birds so perhaps it's something about the movement or the often (to humans as well) annoying, dissonant and variable but almost unfailingly shrill sound.

Well that might be something to see when it has to lace its (many) shoes before morning coffee!
(looking at the mirror with an unexplicative stare)

Last edited:
Eclectus Parrot, second clearest speech of any parrot (African Grey is the clearest). Sexually dimorphic, i.e. the males and females' look to be completely different species. They are destructive jerks and can rupture your ear drums for the fun of it. Like to look at you and preempt you saying no as they take a chunk out of whatever part of your anatomy they can reach.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eclectus_parrot