Anti-Gravity Airplane,1950s

I wish I could buy into that.
Look up “Pushing Metavehicles powered by nothing but light” at phys.org

Now…if you have a lot of energy beamed from all sides—-don’t put anything in a vehicle except the ability to polarize facets—-maybe you could get an agile “cursor” that could dart back and forth….in microgravity. It it has several beams…it kinda pantographs its way around…maybe no light delay. The next step for the Myrabo light craft approach.

Maybe the laws of physics will allow that.

Me? I just want HLLVs to get larger and larger until we have rockets the size of the Chrysler Building.

check out this blog page for the full article on the G-Engines Are Coming :
Many thanks,and welcome aborad Robot700,

I am a very small inventor and from my first of creation,how to reach
anti-gravti by expulsion of the magnetic field into the output of the magnet,
but no one cared at that time (1990s).

a news story on nick cook finding the the g-engine's article :

With the Dyson effect, even a vacuum cleaner can fly...
(I'll get my coat)

Utter crankery / misunderstood tech aside (*)...

IMHO, the infamous Nazty 'Bell', with its eponymous blue glow, heavy power lines and 'dancing' was surely a Calutron...

IIRC, there's a plausible 'take' on gravity called 'Teleparallel Gravity' which Einstein toyed with but lacked the math to hack. It's since developed, seen off a bunch of other notions, come down to but two mutually incompatible approaches, both 'String' theories.
snark:
Well, better two flavours than prior two-zillion....
/
As I remember it from a 'New Scientist' article --which only makes sense for about 30 secs after reading-- twisting space/time this way gives EM stuff, that way gives gravity.

Sadly, there is not even the vaguest clue to how latter might be implemented...
:( :( :( :( :(

*) Disclosure: Some years ago, I was banned from a 'hobby electronics' site for politely suggesting their 'Over Unity' guru connect a simple resistive load, aka filament bulb, instead of arcane extrapolation from his zoo of meters. ( IMHO, it was evident he had no awareness of power factors, wave-form, resonance, RMS etc etc etc, but I didn't say that... )
Proposing such a simple sanity-check drew the guru's ire, and that of his clique.
As they were site sponsors, the Moderator apologised, but cut me off...

The Navy is interested in Gravitational Wave Generators. Fontana believes HFGW generators could be used as a source of space propulsion. Included is Navy patent.

If there is anything to any of this-materials research may be key. One of the words I have been seeing a lot of at phys.org is 'non reciprocal' effects. What ever happened to Larry Smalley and Ning Li?

The Navy is interested in Gravitational Wave Generators. Fontana believes HFGW generators could be used as a source of space propulsion. Included is Navy patent.
I'm kinda doubt they could pump much thrust from gravity waves... Gravity is a weak force; much weaker than electromagnetic. Any "gravity drive" would most likely be orders of magnitude less efficient, than photon drive of the same power (and considering that photon drive required circa 300 megawatt per 1 Newton of thrust...)

Um, warily extrapolating from EM stuff, the key could be 'resonance', where voltages x currents = power circulating in a tuned circuit may be many, many times greater than you'd expect. Think 'microwave oven' magnetrons, near-fractal cell-phone antennae, Tesla coils for the 'Gee-Whizz' win...

Yes, yes, real Q-Stuff... ;)

IMHO, the nearest any-one's come to generating gravitational waves may be the team who spun a big dumbell / dumb-bell around its centre. This was, IIRC, in the era when Weber reckoned he could spot gravitational waves by the 'singing' of a massive metal bar. Sadly, orders of magnitude short on sensitivity, beset by 'false positives'...