• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

Agusta A-106 light shipboard anti-submarine helicopter prototype......

Caravellarella

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Reaction score
Dear Boys and Girls, here is an article in French about the Agusta A-106 light shipboard anti-submarine helicopter which isn't a "project"......

The article comes from the 1st November 1967 issue of Aviation Magazine International......

Terry (Caravellarella)

Caravellarella

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Reaction score
Dear Boys and Girls, here is another picture with a caption in French showing the Agusta A-106 prototype as exhibited at the 1967 Paris Salon......

The picture comes from the 15th June 1967 issue of Aviation Magazine International......

Terry (Caravellarella)

Nico

CLEARANCE: Secret
Reaction score
Hi girls and boys,
digging in a part of my archives that some years ago were damaged by floods, I found a photograph of the Agusta A.106 light shipborne ASW helicopter in flight and a three-view drawing of it.
This copter was designed as answer to a Marina Militare requirement asking for something like a manned edition of the Gyrodyne QH-50.
Two prototypes and five production aircraft were ordered but eventually only the two prototypes were built. Italian Navy evaluated exhaustively the two machines, nicknamed Schizzetto (Sprayer) but finally the program was discarded
Nico

Attachments

Grey Havoc

The path not taken.
Reaction score
Nico said:
Two prototypes and five production aircraft were ordered but eventually only the two prototypes were built. Italian Navy evaluated exhaustively the two machines, nicknamed Schizzetto (Sprayer) but finally the program was discarded
Nico
That's weird. I could have sworn reading that two South American countries, Columbia and and, I think, Peru, had also bought a number of A-106s.