Ambrosini Postwar Projects and Prototypes

Jemiba

CLEARANCE: Above Top Secret
Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
No warranty for the Ambrosini/Aerfer drawings, they are old ones, too, today I don't even know why I made them ! For the Hawker types I used the drawings in Tony Butlers "British Secret Jet Fighter Projects" as a pattern, just making 5-views of them. The Dassault drawings will be brought to a better quality one day, but don't ask me when !

Attachments

hesham

Reaction score
Dear Justo,

first it is very beautiful project,second which was the year of the designation ?.

boxkite

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Reaction score
Hmm, before 1953 - the aircraft was also mentioned in Der Flieger 12/1952 (p244). Justo, Skybolt, Archipeppe - do you have a more accurate date?

hesham

Reaction score
Thank you my dears.

Skybolt

Reaction score
Fellows, don't break the rules of the forum: no entire articles scanned here..... Pleas Moderators, remove them, ... (there are other ways for exchanging this kind of content..)

Antonio

Staff member
Reaction score
Post removed

red admiral

Reaction score
Hello,

Does anyone have some proposed specs for this aircraft?

Many thanks

riggerrob

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
Those earliest Ambrossini jet fighters remind us of Yakovlev’s earliest jet fighters.

The Yak-15 incorporated the fewest possible airframe modifications to add a Luftwaffe-surplus jet engine to an existing Yak-3 airframe. They even retained the tail-wheel.
After burning too many tail wheels, Yak-15s were built with tricycle landing gear, but they retained the straight wings from Yak-3s.
They only served the Russian Air Force briefly and primarily as conversion trainers for pilots already qualified on Yak and Lavovchin prop-driven fighters.