Active Skyflash/Rb 71A/Rb 91, Rb 73 drawings?

Rdn4

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
Hello,
Does anyone have any drawings of the ARH Skyflash project(s?), or the ramjet Rb 73?
If you do not have a drawing, but have seen them in the past, I would also be happy with a description.

Thanks very much for anything.
The closest I have come is this picture repository from a Swedish museum, which shows the ARH Jaktrobot 321 which was test fired in the days of J 35 development; http://www.canit.se/~griffon/aviation/img/arbm03/arbm_0307.html
From what I have read, SAAB in the early 60's also tried out an ARH seeker in a missile based on the AIM-4.

More likely that it was an ARH version of the SARH AIM-26B/Rb-27 than the AIM-4/Rb-28. You start from a larger airframe with a more powerful motor. Too, it would make more sense to try going from SARH to ARH rather than from IRH to ARH.

The line drawing of Rb.73 in British Secret Projects shows the intakes for the ramjet down the side of the missile, presumably that would cause problems for semi recessed carriage in place of the original Sky Flash?

presumably that would cause problems for semi recessed carriage in place of the original Sky Flash?

Not really, not if there're two intakes like on the Meteor AAM which can be carried semi-recessed like the AMRAAM on the Typhoon fighter aircraft.

The line drawing of Rb.73 in British Secret Projects shows the intakes for the ramjet down the side of the missile, presumably that would cause problems for semi recessed carriage in place of the original Sky Flash?
You put the inlets ~90deg apart instead of 180deg apart. (Or however far apart you can get them to clear the fuselage while the missile is in the conformal rack.)

Which of the British Secret Projects books?