Register here

Author Topic: Motocar's Cutaway drawings  (Read 68813 times)

Offline Motocar

• CLEARANCE: Secret
  • I really should change my personal text
Re: Motocar's Cutaway drawings
« Reply #210 on: July 05, 2017, 03:54:45 am »
Cutaway North American TF-86 in free interpretation of project, original author Pilot Press

Offline Motocar

« Reply #211 on: July 06, 2017, 06:54:26 pm »
Now with full infographics, author Motocar

Offline Motocar

« Reply #212 on: July 08, 2017, 04:02:57 pm »
Cutaway Mignet Flea of the Sky in a modern concept shared from the Facebook group: Aeronautical Design, here I leave the original note and the images:
I share my design in the final process of the Mignet Flea Sky concept, but with a modern design (I clarify that the stationary motor is not suitable, I only put it in the 3D as a CG test but finally did not meet the weight / power requirements). The idea of the design was to use steel in the fuselage and a modern design.
Author Cristian Gustavo Gonzalez for CGG Design www.ciclo.4t.com

« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 03:34:12 am by Motocar »

Offline Motocar

« Reply #213 on: July 08, 2017, 04:04:56 pm »
Cutaway Cessna Model 407, proposed to create an executive jet starting from the coach Cessna T-37A, for which it was necessary to extend the cabin, to eliminate both ejection seats, and equipping it with a larger cabin with capacity of four people, this was achieved Extending slightly the front of the fuselage and a little the rear section of the same to maintain the center of gravity again, also installed tanks in the marginal edges of the planes to achieve better performance range (The T-37 is known For its voracity of fuel that always was its heel of Achilles), author WEAL and modified by Motocar to recreate this version.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 03:35:01 am by Motocar »

Offline Motocar

« Reply #214 on: July 10, 2017, 03:20:51 pm »
Cutaway Douglas DB-7 # 131 "Boston" was the only prototype built by directly modifying produced copy # 131 to test the twin rudder configuration and compare it with the model already in production without any noticeable improvement over the already very maneuverable DB-7. Author Mike Badrocke and modified by Motocar to recreate this forgotten, unique and almost totally unknown model
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 06:52:04 am by Motocar »

Offline Motocar

« Reply #215 on: July 17, 2017, 10:41:32 am »
Next cutaway Blohm &Voss BV P.210...!

Offline Motocar

« Reply #216 on: July 21, 2017, 04:30:02 am »
Palette Trautmann Roadair, 1959 flying car project, author Motocar

Offline Motocar

« Reply #217 on: July 22, 2017, 04:53:15 pm »
Cutaway Blohm & Voss BV-210, a Nazi tail-fighter project, designed by the firm Blohm & Voss powered by a BMW 003E1 axial-flow motor, its design was very advanced using splayed wings and horizontal stabilizers located on edge fairings Of leakage and pronounced negative dihedral, armed with cannons of 30 millimeters but also could be armed with other type of arms of smaller caliber, just as it could in the future carry the modern air-to-air missiles "X-4", its train Of tricycle landing whose nose wheel rotated 90 degrees to retract without interfering with the intake of air direct to the engine, the main wheels of retraian in a fairing under the fuselage designed for that purpose and that in turn allowed to store more fuel, even so Its radius of action was relatively short, thought for interceptions missions without leaving aside the possibility of facing the allied fighters, author Motocar with pallets of Peter Allen for flitzerart.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 04:56:24 pm by Motocar »

Offline Motocar

« Reply #218 on: July 23, 2017, 07:16:56 am »
Trautman Roadair complete profiles including deployment of his wings, author Motocar and article published by Popular Mechanics december 1960.

Offline steelpillow

• So many projects, so little time...
« Reply #219 on: July 24, 2017, 12:39:21 pm »
Cutaway Blohm & Voss BV-210, a Nazi tail-fighter project, designed by the firm Blohm & Voss powered by a BMW 003E1 axial-flow motor, its design was very advanced using splayed wings and horizontal stabilizers located on edge fairings Of leakage and pronounced negative dihedral, armed with cannons of 30 millimeters but also could be armed with other type of arms of smaller caliber, just as it could in the future carry the modern air-to-air missiles "X-4", its train Of tricycle landing whose nose wheel rotated 90 degrees to retract without interfering with the intake of air direct to the engine, the main wheels of retraian in a fairing under the fuselage designed for that purpose and that in turn allowed to store more fuel, even so Its radius of action was relatively short, thought for interceptions missions without leaving aside the possibility of facing the allied fighters, author Motocar with pallets of Peter Allen for flitzerart.

This cutaway does not look like the habitual B&V internal construction, but is more like a copy of what most other designers were doing. I assume that it is to a great extent fanciful, or, if not, what is its provenance?
For a start, the wing leading edge and main spar would have formed a steel D-section torsion box which doubled as the main fuel tank. This was how Vogt adapted his trademark cylindrical spar-cum-tank for a thin wing. Second, I would have expected the main air intake and wing transfer box to form a single integral sheet steel fabrication, from which the rest of the aircraft sprang. This was a feature of the subsequent designs. It took the structural loads away from the aerodynamic skinning and allowed large access panels with relatively few supporting ribs or stringers between them.
Otherwise, the overall form looks about right.
I'd like to know the provenance of the armament options too, are they genuine?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 12:41:01 pm by steelpillow »
Cheers.

Offline Motocar

« Reply #220 on: July 25, 2017, 10:17:26 pm »

This cutaway does not look like the habitual B&V internal construction, but is more like a copy of what most other designers were doing. I assume that it is to a great extent fanciful, or, if not, what is its provenance?
For a start, the wing leading edge and main spar would have formed a steel D-section torsion box which doubled as the main fuel tank. This was how Vogt adapted his trademark cylindrical spar-cum-tank for a thin wing. Second, I would have expected the main air intake and wing transfer box to form a single integral sheet steel fabrication, from which the rest of the aircraft sprang. This was a feature of the subsequent designs. It took the structural loads away from the aerodynamic skinning and allowed large access panels with relatively few supporting ribs or stringers between them.
Otherwise, the overall form looks about right.
I'd like to know the provenance of the armament options too, are they genuine?

Greetings steelpillow, the drawing says "Free interpretation" for lack of reliable data and only small drawings of profiles that contribute little, the armament is speculative although adjusted to the canons of the Luftwaffe, the missiles were very recent and the 30mm guns are Shown in some some drawings and the little information that I have read. That is why in this section "Artwork" and not in the more specific themes.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 04:08:16 am by Motocar »

Offline steelpillow

• So many projects, so little time...
« Reply #221 on: July 26, 2017, 01:53:10 pm »
Thank you for explaining all that, I appreciate it.
Cheers.

Offline Motocar

« Reply #222 on: July 29, 2017, 03:52:02 am »
Full infography...!

Offline TomcatViP

• CLEARANCE: Confidential
  • Hellcat
« Reply #223 on: July 29, 2017, 07:10:55 am »
Nice one!
The coupling of the boom and fan is something, as the concept in general, that have some potentials.

Offline dan_inbox

« Reply #224 on: July 30, 2017, 12:43:43 am »
Nice one!
The coupling of the boom and fan is something that have some potentials.
... before the car is attached and savages the airflow...