Whatever happen to https://twitter.com/MIL_STD?

zjz

ACCESS: Secret
Reaction score
This used to be the Twitter site for "Air Power", and it has been suspended since about 2 days ago....

I frequent this Twitter account regularly, and I am curious to find out what's wrong ....

Wait……AirPower(@MIL_STD) is our forum member @bring_it_on, right?
Yes. Twitter has not given my any specific reason as to why they suspended my account. I haven't posted much in the last couple of weeks due to travel so not sure what's going on. I'm pursuing it on my end but twitter support hasn't gotten back to me in a couple of days so not much hope from them. I guess I'll be posting more here :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-02-24 at 7.54.45 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-24 at 7.54.45 AM.png
    127.1 KB · Views: 17
Maybe someone reports you on Twitter.
Not sure. All of the content I post is open source (or opinion) and I provide a source and attribution. Snippets I post from content behind paywalls etc are usually written by folks I know who are comfortable with me posting snippets of their content and I have DM's (or rather had since twitter wiped out everything except of my posts in "read only" mode) that Twitter can access since at times I do reach out to them to ask.. I can't even use the app to view my timeline since they also wiped out my followers and those who I followed so I only get random content..

Last edited:
Wait……AirPower(@MIL_STD) is our forum member @bring_it_on, right?
Yes. Twitter has not given my any specific reason as to why they suspended my account. I haven't posted much in the last couple of weeks due to travel so not sure what's going on. I'm pursuing it on my end but twitter support hasn't gotten back to me in a couple of days so not much hope from them. I guess I'll be posting more here :)
That's weird. The stuff you post doesn't seem like it would even be on anybody's radar as far as controversial content goes. :confused:

Update: I have still not heard back from Twitter support/help. Meanwhile, elsewhere I was pointed to this post (below). Someone that I had never interacted with, nor know of, apparently reported me in what looks like a coordinated manner with the help of others. There is not a single post of mine over my last 6+ years on twitter that is hateful (as per twitter rules) or aimed at anything besides Mil aviation and defense so this appears to have been done on purpose..Not sure if twitter support will ever get back but I would appreciate if you could tag them in a post to see if that helps move things along...This entire twitter handle appears to be dedicated to get people banned and is likely coordinating with others to get this done. With Twitter inundated with support its been a week since I first reached out to them for clarification and it may be another week or two before they actually get back to me..

View: https://twitter.com/IndianCDefender/status/1630453354597068800

Last edited:
Update: I have still not heard back from Twitter support/help. Meanwhile, elsewhere I was pointed to this post (below). Someone that I had never interacted with, nor know of, apparently reported me in what looks like a coordinated manner with the help of others. There is not a single post of mine over my last 6+ years on twitter that is hateful (as per twitter rules) or aimed at anything besides Mil aviation and defense so this appears to have been done on purpose..Not sure if twitter support will ever get back but I would appreciate if you could tag them in a post to see if that helps move things along...This entire twitter handle appears to be dedicated to get people banned and is likely coordinating with others to get this done. With Twitter inundated with support its been a week since I first reached out to them for clarification and it may be another week or two before they actually get back to me..

:oops: looking at that account, seem like they reported so many people. I think that if you said something these Indian don't like, then they will try to get you banned.

Last edited:
They are weaponising the fact that there are virtually no human moderators left at Twitter, so organised multi-reporting of 'hateful conduct' will get accounts automatically indefinitely suspended.

This specific group is targeting anyone covering ANY stories on India which less than positive, including people commenting on Indian cricketers' match performance. You probably posted a news item about India they objected to.

But yay, Elon's fighting back against Cancel Culture, or something.

Yes, Twitter is definitely "going through some changes", under Elon's management.

This specific group is targeting anyone covering ANY stories on India which less than positive, including people commenting on Indian cricketers' match performance. You probably posted a news item about India they objected to.

Like those #NAFO arsehats. There really should be a mechanism where, after a number of false reports, the reporting account gets suspended.

I know that Trent Telenko references you quite a bit, and, IMHO he’s pretty big in MIL Twitter - maybe someone can see if he’d be able to start a campaign for reinstatement?

Of course, he could just get blasted too…
I’d try myself, but I got locked for an innocuous, but anti-green orthodoxy post last year, and I’ll be damed if I give them the pleasure of deleting it. Pre-Musk too.

They are weaponising the fact that there are virtually no human moderators left at Twitter, so organised multi-reporting of 'hateful conduct' will get accounts automatically indefinitely suspended.

Probably about the Tejas not being a likely buy for Malaysia.

Yes, Twitter is definitely "going through some changes", under Elon's management.

Like those #NAFO arsehats. There really should be a mechanism where, after a number of false reports, the reporting account gets suspended.
They’re not all arsehats.

Maybe if enough people tweet Elon about this incident, then some action can be taken, not just to restore BiO account but also some sort of new policy to counter this weaponized report?

BTW @bring_it_on, have you lost all your tweets?
I can see them on my end but others cannot. I have lost all followers and those who I was following, as well as an ability to send direct messages. I believe those will all be restored if the review that I've requested via an appeal (if they ever get to it) goes in my favor. I'll reach out to Trent...and a few others to see if they can tag Twitter support.

BTW @bring_it_on, have you lost all your tweets?
I can see them on my end but others cannot. I have lost all followers and those who I was following, as well as an ability to send direct messages. I believe those will all be restored if the review that I've requested via an appeal (if they ever get to it) goes in my favor. I'll reach out to Trent...and a few others to see if they can tag Twitter support.
It’s a relief your work is still there. Best of luck with the appeal!

Beats being censored/suspended for not being a compliant little NPC. YMMV

I imagine it was over India being relative pro-Russia and you posting quite a bit about the war.

That's the only explanation I could come up with since I don't think I have ever posted about Indian defense programs since I have no interest in any of them.

Meanwhile, Day 12 and not a single reply from Twitter support on any one of my dozen or so emails or formal appeals.

Meanwhile, Day 12 and not a single reply from Twitter support on any one of my dozen or so emails or formal appeals.
you probably have better luck if you can get many people (or famous people) tweeting about the issue

you probably have better luck if you can get many people (or famous people) tweeting about the issue
Thanks. I've reached out to a few folks with a ton of following that I knew so hopefully they'll push this. Most others (I had a couple of senators and a former head of state follow me and even like my tweets at one point or another :)) cannot be reached because Twitter was my only means of reaching out to them..and they've disabled my ability to send DMs to anyone including those who were following me prior to my suspension.

Last edited:

Seems to be a simple game that two can play at. ;) He seems to be encouraging other Indians to report people of western origin countries, which counts as targeting people because of their national identity in my book.:D