weird project near dugway proving grounds?

S

sublight

http://www.clipsyndicate.com/video/playlist/20010/2165298?title=local_and_state_news&wpid=9604

Matej said:
http://www.nomorestupidlights.com/
Which they would be if not for the interesting bright material dropping out of them, and the two people who happen to be familiar with flares say it wasn't flares....

That was the same day, I believe, that Dugway Proving Grounds were closed, reportedly over a missing vial of VX nerve agent.

I go with parachute flares from aircraft, not IR jammers, somehow related to the closing.

If this is the "strange" hovering lights over SLC, (I can't access either link unfortunatly) that were "dropping" burning material...

My intital thought was also "parachute-flares" however they were maintaining altitude and not in a steady descent like parachute flares. They were "dropping" bits of flaming material at odd intervals which also fits parachute flares, but the material tended to 'burn-out" far quicker than loose flare materials usually does.

My 'expert' opinion (15 out of 21 years Munitions Maintenance, storage, handling, build-up and delivery including ALL types of flares and WAY too damn much Chaff ;) ) is they were probably NOT flares of some type due to the a-typical behavior.

Having said THAT my "second" thought when I noted they seemed to be "hovering" was some-type of flame-supported hot-air balloon since the "light" seemed to be burning AND dropping bits of burning material. I also suspect that the objects were a lot closer to the people who observed them than they seemed to think.

Randy

This was American Fork, about 35 miles south of SLC. There were two witnesses in the piece, one was an Air Force guy who said he had never seen anything like that in the Air Force and the drip didn't look like any Air Force flares he'd ever seen. The second witness was a lady who's husband manufactured flares for the Military and said they weren't flares either...

I seem to recall another odd story on SPF about dripping burning bits somewhere....

Back
Top Bottom