Various Horten projects

Justo Miranda said:
Is a fictional drawing by Renaud Mangallon (Sharkit) for the assembling instruction of Ho-18 resin kit.
Wow thanks a lot Justo-san.
What is the difference between speculative and fictional?
And the horten XVIIIA was never meant to have a landing gear.

From Decollage 1946,

a strange drawing to Horten VIII

Attachments

• 20.png
    20.png
    326.4 KB · Views: 93
Hi!
Please enjoy 3-side view of HortenⅦ and jet powered HortenⅦ plan.
German wikipedia says that
"The Horten H VII was a flying school plane of the Horten brothers. The machine was planned as a training aircraft for pilots, which later were supposed to fly fast hunting and combat aircraft of the Nurflügelbauweise.
In the RLM types list the number 8-254 was given when ordering. Later with new task as aerodynamic test and training model for the H IX was the number 226 provided, so that the machine Ho 226 would have worn the label.
The aircraft was developed in 1942 on behalf of the air force for a flying training aircraft. The aircraft was a further development of the Horten H V V3. The changes amounted to an extension of the hull, the modified cabin layout with seats arranged in a long cab cover, as well as a retractable nosewheel landing gear. Furthermore, two samples with two eight-cylinder V-engines Argus as 10 C with 240 HP each were equipped. The H VII V1 was completed in 1943 and piloted by two pilots and 18 flight hours. The V1 already owned the retractable undercarriage intended for the series, as aerial photographs. With the construction of the H VII V2 was began in 1944, until the end of the war it was but never completed. Only parts were completed for the V3.
In late 1943 the Reich Air Ministry (RLM) finished the support for the project, with which the order was cancelled. 1945 but still 20 aircraft for the training of pilots for the Horten H were given IX in order, but no production was made.
Up to the end of the war, only one machine was completed."

Horten H VII V1
Wingspan: 15.24 m
Length: 7.77 m
Wing area: 43,94 m
Wing sweep (front edge): 40°
Hey blackkite...top Rt image is a VII C Schnell Kampfflugzeug. Note the nearly 45° wing sweep angle. I've got a message out to Justosan asking what the precise angle is. I noticed this > 40° just under 45° when I was measuring it out to calculate the locations of the CG and CP.
, Kevin

Hello to all!

I am looking for these drawings of the Horten VIII cargo aircraft in high resolution. The source of these pictures is "Luftwaffe - Secret Wings of the Third Reich", by Dan Sharp. Unfortunately, the images in the PDF file are very small to extract. Really need it, so if any good soul give a hand, I will be very grateful.

Regards,
Gabriel Orosco

Attachments

• Horten 8.8.jpg
    Horten 8.8.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 58
  • Horten 8.7.jpg
    Horten 8.7.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 63
  • Horten 8.6.jpg
    Horten 8.6.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 62
  • horten 8.4.jpg
    horten 8.4.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 60
  • Horten 8.3.jpg
    Horten 8.3.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 65
  • Horten 8.2.jpg
    Horten 8.2.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 63
  • Horte 8.1.jpg
    Horte 8.1.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 61
Hello to all!

I am looking for these drawings of the Horten VIII cargo aircraft in high resolution. The source of these pictures is "Luftwaffe - Secret Wings of the Third Reich", by Dan Sharp. Unfortunately, the images in the PDF file are very small to extract. Really need it, so if any good soul give a hand, I will be very grateful.

Regards,
Gabriel Orosco

Pdf file?

Mortons' site allows print page for e-magazines, one (possibly two?) at a time. Print to pdf...

If you have a complete pdf of the magazine, I don't think it was issued by Mortons. If I remember correctly, Mortons offers magazines in their electronic form by enabling buyers to read them online. It is possible to merge pdfs of single pages to a complete pdf of the entire magazine for your personal use. Distribute that pdf, you run afoul of copyright.

I've read it but don't have a copy. Its pretty lackluster with only basic information.

Back
Top Bottom