• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

Unknown Soviet "aircraft"

Retrofit

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Reaction score
Hi,
Some fifteen years ago, I found in the Japanese aircraft magazine "Aereview" (October 1990, page 105) three small photos of a tailless jet "aircraft" with a rhomboidal wing. The Japanese caption mentions that the "aircraft" was tested by MiG in June 1954. On the last photo, the right elevon is seen starting to separate from the wing.
Since, all my researches to find more information on this "aircraft" remain vain. I even don't known if it's a full scale aircraft, a scale-model or a fake photo-montage. I have contacted "Aereview" but with no answer.
More information on the subject will be most welcome.
Thanks

Attachments

flateric

CLEARANCE: Above Top Secret
Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
This is an absolutely fake, a-la Tu-200 You can create any fake stuff and make your readers think as of another leak from The Evil Empire thinking that you never can be tested for truth.

Antonio

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Retrofit,

You'll find that misterious romboid wing here:

http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,275.15.html

Retrofit

Reaction score
At last, I can close this file...

Flateric, Pometablava, thanks a lot!

vajt

CLEARANCE: Confidential
Reaction score
Although that shape would really be nice looking for a new stealthy 6th Gen MiG...

-----JT-----

Yeager

CLEARANCE: Restricted
Reaction score
This is an absolutely fake, a-la Tu-200 You can create any fake stuff and make your readers think as of another leak from The Evil Empire thinking that you never can be tested for truth.
Well, if this photo is a fake montage, is there any idea who created this fake image?

flateric

CLEARANCE: Above Top Secret
Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Well, if this photo is a fake montage, is there any idea who created this fake image?
Let me guess. Aereview photo editor?