TACMS does not give you much range for inland targets. Modified KEI for surface to surface would be better. Although that said the function and accessories would be similar.

Updated link and citation:

The illustration of it being alternatively launched from what seems to be a modified Flight II Arleigh Burke-class destroyer is interesting as well, though unfortunately not elaborated on in the report itself.

TACMS does not give you much range for inland targets. Modified KEI for surface to surface would be better. Although that said the function and accessories would be similar.
Given how the proposed NTACMS has a lot of unused length in the modified Tomahawk capsule and now that the US has withdrawn from the INF treaty I suppose a new two-stage version could be developed but also using the Tomahawk launch booster instead of the pop-out fin stabiliser module.

Given how the proposed NTACMS has a lot of unused length in the modified Tomahawk capsule and now that the US has withdrawn from the INF treaty I suppose a new two-stage version could be developed but also using the Tomahawk launch booster instead of the pop-out fin stabiliser module.
They could have done that prior to withdrawal from the INF Treaty, which didn't limit sea-based missiles.

If a two-stage version of ATACMS was developed I wonder if the second-stage would use the same rocket-motor as the first-stage or if they'd use something different such as, say, a modified Mk-72 booster with its diameter increased to 24"?

By the way what is the ATACMS rocket-motor and who builds it also is there any technical data available on it?