twitter down ?

Twitter is doing some things to get rid of scammers and government agencies (but then, I repeat myself) from scraping data from users, and part of it has been to limit the number of posts you can see in a day. It's supposed to be temporary.

Really there, for a moment or two I was starting to become mildly concerned that with twitter going janky our whole good old fashioned Western materialistic capitalist civilization lifestyle was about to be going down the crapper, but then I realized it's really just twitter... On a completely unrelated note, I would strongly recommend to watch and listen to
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwvlbJ0h35A

Last edited:
Twitter is doing some things to get rid of scammers and government agencies (but then, I repeat myself) from scraping data from users, and part of it has been to limit the number of posts you can see in a day. It's supposed to be temporary.
Can you use it now ?

The answer is here https://globalnews.ca/news/9805887/twitter-account-view-tweets/

My suggestion: just create a bogus Gmail account, then use it for the basic "personal" data they ask. Then when they ask "do you want to connect via Gmail" just say "yes yes yes yes" to all the crap questions they ask.
I did it, and I have access again.
On my profile, I quoted Hank Schrader from Breaking Bad, his last words: an answer to the nazi that will kill him.
"My name is ASAC Schrader, and you can go f*ck yourself".
I could have quoted Jesse Pinkman "This is my own private personal data, and I will not be harassed by twitter. BEACH !"

Last edited:
Decimating Twitter staff hasn't helped.
And it hasn't really hurt, either. Thus indicating that the great majority of those let go were dead weight.

We were confidently informed that Twitter would collapse within days or even hours of Musk lopping off the dead weight. Yet here it is like Ukraine, still trucking along, long after its foretold demise.

Decimating Twitter staff hasn't helped.
And it hasn't really hurt, either.
Hard to tell, with Twitter no longer reporting earnings publicly since Musk took over in October.I would think any financial success would be well publicised.
It was a financial disaster before he bought it. What's important is how it's actually *running,* and it seems to be running fine, with something like three quarters or the previous workforce having been invited to explore other career opportunities. Payroll is doubtless a vast portion of the expenses. Especially as exemplified by the numerous insufferable videos that used to be put out by vapid "employees" showing "a day in the life of a Twitter/Tiktok/Google/Microsoft/Instagram/Facebook employee" showing them doing *nothing* all day but consuming company time and resources.

7rat4s.gif

Attachments

• 7rat4s.gif
    7rat4s.gif
    783.7 KB · Views: 9
That's probably correct; if other "scammers" scrape data from Twitter, they can't sell it (edited to) other scammers scrape data from it, then Twitter won't be able to monetize your data.

Last edited: