Look to " airwar.ru"
clic to " katanor"
you found 2 alphabets, you clic "T" in cyrilic
you find TUPOLEV, CLIC "TU 4"
at the end of the text tou have photos and 3 views
Bye

http://www.airwar.ru/enc/bomber/tu4.html

;)

What is the purpose of that big pods on Ту-4Д (airwar.ru web): cargo?

hi Pometablava
look at
"http://basilzolotov.com/side-view/tupolev-tu4d"
this is the "tu 4d" with underwing pods P 90 of
the Russian military transport aviation late 1950
Bye

cargo pods containing various useful stuff for 41 paratrooper sitting inside modified weapon bay

GOOD MORNING ....
And now I don't understand !
What difference betwen "tu 4 transport versions"
Tu 4 T and Tu 4 D ?
In general what are all the versions of the Tu 4 ?
Thanks and Bye

Dear toura,
I understand that the following Tu-4 models appeared.
Tu-4: standard bomber version.
Tu-4D: modified Tu-4 as troop carrier (28 troops) and with fuselage doors for paradroppings. The Tu-4D also had large containers on underwing pylons carrying some of the troops` equipment/weapons. The Tu-4D retained the long-range bomber capabilities. Seems up to 300 Tu-4 aircraft were modified as Tu-4D.
Tu-4K: Experimental Tu-4 used as launch plane for the piloted Raduga K Analog aerodynamic testbed and for the KS-1 Kometa (later AS-1 Kennel) large early cruise missile. The Tu-4K had two underwing pylons to carry the K Analog and/or KS-1.
Tu-4LL: Up to 6 modified Tu-4s for use as testbed (flying laboratory). Used to test engines such as the Kuznetsov NK-12 turboprop, Lyulka AL-5, AL-7, Mikulin AM-3 and AM-5 turbojets etc.
Tu-4N: Modified Tu-4 for use as aerial tanker and tested with various types of refuelling systems.
Tu-4R: Tu-4 modified for strategic recconnaisance. Forward and aft bombays modified for extra fuel or recce equipment. Possibly the Tu-4R was also built as new aircraft.
Tu-4T: Experimental Tu-4 modified for 44-52 troops. Flew in 1956, but development halted.
Tu-4UShS: Tu-4 modified as (crew) trainer. Usually all operational equipment was removed.
KJ-1: Developed in PRC. Re-engined with turbine engines and at least one was seen with large dorsal radar disc.
Hope the above will help. Regards Walter

addition to walter ;)
TU-4D ("izdeliye 76) 1951-54 / Military Transport Aviation fitted for transporting and dropping with parachute 28 paratroopers(each of them had simple breathing device connected to the aircraft oxygen system), are placed with a minimum of comfort in the forward bombbay. As well as military equipment in the cabs suspended under the wing type P-90, P-98 and P-85 containers.
Tu-4T ("4T") 1955 / Further modification of the Tu-4D. The number of troopers increased to 40-46 people. (Later the number of seats has been brought up to 52) on the external suspension could carry: two self-propelled artillery system ASU-57 or BTR-40 armored cars, gun up to 85mm, other military goods to 6000kg.

Attachments

• P-90 with ASU-57.jpg
    P-90 with ASU-57.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 67
dear walter and borovik.
All my thanks ! I have a complete answer
THANKS AGAIN
Toura