TL-30 Chinese Anti-Radar Missile

High speed in this context should still be subsonic.
So it seems to be more like a loitering ARM weapon than a direct reaction one like HARM.

High speed in this context should still be subsonic.
So it seems to be more like a loitering ARM weapon than a direct reaction one like HARM.

Indeed ... reminds a bit to the SLAM-ER

slamer_1523434292.jpg

I'm curious, why does it need another set of dorsal fin. Some form of "fix" for aerodynamics imbalance or maybe an attempt to allow skid to turn steering ?

So the missile could use rapid response skid steering on terminal while for cruise it will use more efficient Bank To Turn to assure best possible airflow for the inlet.

I'm curious, why does it need another set of dorsal fin. Some form of "fix" for aerodynamics imbalance or maybe an attempt to allow skid to turn steering ?

So the missile could use rapid response skid steering on terminal while for cruise it will use more efficient Bank To Turn to assure best possible airflow for the inlet.

Faired antennas ?

cheers,
Robin.

Faired antennas ?

cheers,
Robin.

Seems unlikely.

For Anti radiation missile application, you would want some more antennas, at least 4 or more so one can do interferometric (or phase comparison monopulse, the other term) angle direction finding.

The most common type is the spiral or conical antenna arranged in this manner

L-112E-Krypton-ARM-Seeker-VVK-1S.jpg

There is variation of that but not gimballed/solid state like British ALARM. Latest AGM-88 use Log Bladed antenna which is triangular in shape and arranged behind the mmwave active radar seeker, there is however about 6 of those antenna forming a ring in the missile.

Somebody didnt forget the TACIT RAINBOW's goals and they probably and wont forget Warbreaker's either.

TBH, i don't get the conception. Is this a subsonic ARM capable of loitering? :confused:

TBH, i don't get the conception. Is this a subsonic ARM capable of loitering? :confused:
when u have that kind of rg u can search loiter or not, or is something missing ?