Tic Tac in Wichita

vmu9999

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score

Is this the same Tic Tac aircraft that the Nimitz strike group intercepted back in 2004? It looks somewhat similar to the FLIR pod footage that was released recently by the DoD, but I'm not certain. I know McConnell AFB is near where the footage was taken, but it is surprising that there wouldn't be media coverage that such an object would be flying in daylight over a somewhat populated area.

Maybe the DoD is showing this technology to deter Iran and other aggressors from acting to the detriment of US policy, or simply going to use them to monitor/attack key infrastructure and say we didn't do it (doubtful).

Last edited:
Hah, I'm with you, but someone recorded footage of the Tic Tac the same day in Kentucky. I just find the recent disclosure timing interesting.

Ok going to point out right off that "Tic-Tac" is most likely an airplane. No wings? Actually they're probably there and just lost in the background due to the highly reflective fuselage tends to drown them out. Both of them fly straight and normal just like any aircraft would be expected to do. The ONLY thing that would possibly be 'weird' is that moment when they swing the camera hard which makes the first one look like it's slowing/hesitating which I really belive is a video artifact. And why didn't they zoom in on the "Tic-Tac" like they did the obvious aircraft?

Randy

Seen views like that frequently when I worked at YYC. Just the sun reflecting off a high flying airliner ----

And why didn't they zoom in on the "Tic-Tac" like they did the obvious aircraft?

I'm assuming it was flying above normal civilian aircraft altitude. You definitely make an valid point regarding the video artifacts. The only way we will ever get decent confirmation is if one of these "Tic Tacs" get captured using a 1000mm+ lens, but even then people would probably point out concerns.

I'm assuming it was flying above normal civilian aircraft altitude. You definitely make an valid point regarding the video artifacts. The only way we will ever get decent confirmation is if one of these "Tic Tacs" get captured using a 1000mm+ lens, but even then people would probably point out concerns.

Some years ago I used a telephoto lens to take photos of a jetliner. The white fuelage was completely recognizable... but it *appeared* to have no wings. As the angle changes the bare metal wings sloooooowly came into view. A few miles of air can make a mess of clarity.