"Thunderbirds Are Go" (2015)

Somehow it looks like the CGI was rendered to make things look like scaled model puppet sets without the strings. I remember a real life Gerry Anderson movie called "Journey To The Far Side Of The Sun" which I actually enjoyed (when I was much younger more easily amused). Strange that I can't find a pirated copy on Youtube.

Somehow it looks like the CGI was rendered to make things look like scaled model puppet sets without the strings.

I like it, true to the original, although Tracy Island looks more like Godzilla Island to me...

cheers,
Robin.

fredymac said:
Somehow it looks like the CGI was rendered to make things look like scaled model puppet sets without the strings. I remember a real life Gerry Anderson movie called "Journey To The Far Side Of The Sun" which I actually enjoyed (when I was much younger more easily amused). Strange that I can't find a pirated copy on Youtube.

In the United Kingdom and Europe, it was released under the title Doppelgänger.

So they kept the glassy eyes but they made the eyebrows move? What were they thinking! Also the spines can flex!!
Shouldn't they have transatlantic ambiguous accents btw?

what to hell they do to timeless design of Thunderbird hardware ?!

Thunderbird 2 is so ugly...

The style reminds me on the "Starwars- The Clonewars" TV series and the target group
probably is pretty much the same: 8 to 12 year old boys ... and their dads, who still know
the original ! ;)