This Northrop Grumman Exec Has Some Very Interesting Airplane Models On His Desk

sublight is back said:
Hey buddy, I look to you as the example around here. Maybe its time to put that keyboard down for the day and take a walk to clear the air????
Are you associating youself with Northrop Grumman or Air Force? Sorry then.

Triton said:
What are those two bumps on the rear fuselage of the E-10 MC2A model? Are those antenna pods? This model seems to differ from the previous artist's impressions we've seen of the E-10 MC2A.

Attachments

• AIR_E-10_MC2A_Concept_lg.jpg
    AIR_E-10_MC2A_Concept_lg.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 674
[quote author=flateric]
Were ATF, ATB official art much different from the real thing? Weren't there continous wows from AF and legislators that LRS-B should not repeat ATB errors with painful and costly mid-stage redesign?
And then you roll-out something different from the publicity image revealed after long waiting and with much fanfares? Gosh, babies, if I will be senator of congressmen on Boeing/LM election funding or _McCain_, I will eat you with your shit and you even will not be able to prove me that all the changes are for good.
[/quote]

I would imagine such a hypothetical scenario would involve a design from before the downselect, not after. I also already agreed that it's likely to look a lot like the rendering because it reflects a pretty well-developed optimal high altitude, rangey VLO planform.
But if talking down to everybody that doesn't agree with you on matters of the esoteric (and me, who already did agree with you) like they are idiots for entertaining an idea makes you feel better, by all means carry on. Seems to be the order of the day across the forum anyway.

The rendering is ambiguous with respect to what most people consider key elements of aircraft design like: engine inlets, engine exhausts, Cockpit windshield framing, control surfaces, etc.. It was probably drawn that way purposely so as not to reveal key design points. N-G has said in the past that the B-2 was a compromise of stealth and aerodynamics and that the advent of better technology in design and fabrication would result in a different airframe. Because of this the conjecture of many that it would be different is far from baseless. To me it looks like a typical "Concept Car" rendering early in the design cycle of a new automobile. If you would research the F-15 you will find that the initial rendering of it included ventral fins and shorter vertical tails yet it sailed thru Congress. From personal experience most elected officials have a hard time distinguishing between fighters and bombers let alone the subtle fine points of flying wings.

Except official rendering we have an official program logo.

Attachments

• hq720.jpg
    hq720.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 588
BAE do a very similar thing with their general cranked kite Design which appears as manned and unmanned in various guises.

Mark S. said:
If you would research the F-15 you will find that the initial rendering of it included ventral fins and shorter vertical tails yet it sailed thru Congress.

The F-15 had ventral fins and short verticals at contract award. The design changed before first flight. Bad example :)

I agree With you Del the forum is a democracy each person With is own opinion and experience sharing for the military aviation hobby. The B 21 logo is very strange rendering enormous inlet not realy stealth a modified B2 shape not realy what we expect for a New stealth bomber of 21 century in m'y opinion there is something else

Mark S. said:
The rendering is ambiguous with respect to what most people consider key elements of aircraft design like: engine inlets, engine exhausts, Cockpit windshield framing, control surfaces, etc.. It was probably drawn that way purposely so as not to reveal key design points. N-G has said in the past that the B-2 was a compromise of stealth and aerodynamics and that the advent of better technology in design and fabrication would result in a different airframe. Because of this the conjecture of many that it would be different is far from baseless. To me it looks like a typical "Concept Car" rendering early in the design cycle of a new automobile. If you would research the F-15 you will find that the initial rendering of it included ventral fins and shorter vertical tails yet it sailed thru Congress. From personal experience most elected officials have a hard time distinguishing between fighters and bombers let alone the subtle fine points of flying wings.

That makes it sound like a B-2 V2.0.

Attachments

• IMG_20140929_180611.jpg
    IMG_20140929_180611.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 339
I have to ask, are you hinting at something? Another forum notable previously hinted about the raiders wings.

It matches Hernandez cabinet model planform pretty well.

mrmalaya said:
I suppose in a way, even with the addition of the patent information, all this thread tells us is that NG really, really like the cranked-kite.

To my mind (he said being brave) the model and the patent look more like the shadow scudding across the clouds in the advert than the X47B/C or the released B21 image.

yes, yes you are right. I did mention it earlier ;D

flateric said:
It matches Hernandez cabinet model planform pretty well.

Perhaps the official B-21 image has more artistic license in its construction than suspected.

B-21 rendering and official logo has no more differences from what you'll see at rollout than first B-2 artist's impression dated April'88 from B-2

flateric said:
B-21 rendering and official logo has no more differences from what you'll see at rollout than first B-2 artist's impression dated April'88 from B-2

Well that model design is probably more appropriate for something like the RQ-180 then. Guess you were trying to indicate something with that image you posted yesterday?

4 y.o. one
https://youtu.be/RFM1BiyctJU

WLFSCD
https://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,18483.msg177769.html#msg177769

Attachments

• RC UAV strange 1.jpg
    RC UAV strange 1.jpg
    546 KB · Views: 617
  • AVICCup-InternationalUAVInnovationGrandPrixceremonyatthe_002.jpg
    AVICCup-InternationalUAVInnovationGrandPrixceremonyatthe_002.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 583
btw...they are not quite the same shadows
was/now

Attachments

• 13z62s3.jpg
    13z62s3.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 413
  • DWpUQaaWsAAH8r1.jpg
    DWpUQaaWsAAH8r1.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 405
Probably just my eyes but the new shadow looks somewhat like the X-47B on a bigger scale.

They’re two different screen grabs from the same sequence in the original commercial.

Sure but look at the first promotional shadow there is not the B-21 Raider name on it , and on the second there is.

Point being that both shadows exist in the same video -- it's not a case where they replaced one shadow with a later version because the design of an aircraft changed.

I would be VERY cautious about drawing any conclusions from the shapes of shadows on clouds in a promotional video. If the shape is considered sight-sensitive (and apparently it still is), they aren't going to drop veiled hints about it in an advertisement.

The commercial isn't a star wars movie and George Lucas didn't leave Easter Eggs in it for people to discover about ANY secret program.