This Northrop Grumman Exec Has Some Very Interesting Airplane Models On His Desk

flateric said:
OK, so NG has new classified jet-powered 900 lbs class cranked kite planform UAV developed for using with TERN SideArm and LM has a classified jet version of a Fury for TERN because we don't see propeller on SideArm test video.
Did I get you right?

The point was a model or test article doesn't have to fully and faithfully represent the actual configuration.

None of these things are or would be classified (though some are proprietary or sensitive) which is why there's a model in someone's office and video of
SideARm + Fury on Youtube.

It seems to me or I read from you that this is "likely early NG TERN entry"?
And you want to say that cabinet photo unknown model is propeller driven but later is just not shown on it?

flateric said:

It seems to me that you didn't bother to read what I wrote.

flateric said:
And you want to say that cabinet photo unknown model is propeller driven but later is just not shown on it?

It seems to me or I read from you: " - where's inlet?"

marauder2048 said:
flateric said:

It seems to me that you didn't bother to read what I wrote.

Someone else wrote that as a statement, and then started to wriggle, not you?

Attachments

• IMG_20170905_083025.jpg
    IMG_20170905_083025.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 176
flateric said:
Mat Parry said:
my punt at the unknown (next to the proteus) is a Northrop Grumman concept for NGAD.
I can't see cropped wing tip, wing consoles seems to be longer and - where's inlet?)

Someone else wrote that, not you?

marauder2048 said:
Yes. Where's inlet if it's X-47B. There was no question "where are inlets" if model represents bigger platform like "RQ-180" or early NGB.

flateric said:
marauder2048 said:
Yes. Where's inlet if it's X-47B. There was no question "where are inlets" if model represents bigger platform like "RQ-180" or early NGB.

I believed that's called "begging the question."

flateric said:
Nope. That's called 'reasoning'.

And a logical fallacy is an error in "reasoning."

I'll note that this reasoning has not lead to even a notional candidate beyond something fanciful.
Given how TERN has evolved (Aurora stating that SideArm was intended for "platforms under development"), the gaps in NG's UAV line
etc, that reasoning is sound.

Oh, look who's talking!
Well, time will tell.

flateric said:
Oh, look who's talking!
Well, time will tell.

And apparently we will have to wait until the end of time to hear your candidate.

You've categorically rejected everything anyone else has suggested.

marauder2048 said:
flateric said:
Oh, look who's talking!
Well, time will tell.

And apparently we will have to wait until the end of time to hear your candidate.

O'RLY?

Attachments

• IMG_20170905_093146.jpg
    IMG_20170905_093146.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 254
flateric said:
marauder2048 said:
flateric said:
Oh, look who's talking!
Well, time will tell.

O'RLY?

RLY.

marauder2048 said:
I'll note that this reasoning has not lead to even a notional candidate beyond something fanciful.

That model does look a lot like this.

http://aviationweek.com/site-files/aviationweek.com/files/archive/cmsfiles/media/images/fullsize/Defense/UAVs/RQ-180_AWST.jpg

marauder2048 said:
I have no such imagination as you with your NG cranked kite TERN UAV project.

Flyaway said:
http://aviationweek.com/site-files/aviationweek.com/files/archive/cmsfiles/media/images/fullsize/Defense/UAVs/RQ-180_AWST.jpg

Are you sure? A LOT?

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 232
  • _DI12-9sVYAAAZI--.jpg
    _DI12-9sVYAAAZI--.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 228
flateric said:
marauder2048 said:
I have no such imagination as you with your NG cranked kite TERN UAV project.

Well you've imagined that a notional unacknowledged special access project aircraft model is
sitting on a shelf of a highly experienced individual during a photo-op with a national circulation newspaper.

I'd say you win on the imagination front.

marauder2048 said:
Well you've imagined that a notional unacknowledged special access project aircraft model is
sitting on a shelf of a highly experienced individual during a photo-op with a national circulation newspaper.

What program is 'unacknowledged' from my model prototype candidate list? J-UCAS? NGB? The only one we can dispute is 'RQ-180' which is in NCND status by AF officials.
But your cranked kite NG TERN existense is acknowledged then.
Where we can read about it?

flateric said:
Flyaway said:

Are you sure? A LOT?

I think that model is mounted upside down on the pole.

dark sidius said:
And B-21 ? It look a lot like the shadow at the end of the Northrop commercial video.
Damn, haven't you see official B-21 render yet?
I've one for you.

Attachments

• Artist_Rendering_B21_Bomber_Air_Force_Official.jpg
    Artist_Rendering_B21_Bomber_Air_Force_Official.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 299
Airplane said:
I think that model is mounted upside down on the pole.
Surely that's a way things being done in VP office.

dark sidius said:
Its a rendering of the start of the program not sure it will be the real shape.

14054517999928.jpeg

Ok so thinking it have nothing to see with LRS-B so what it can be ? It look like a big plane not a fighter ?

dark sidius said:
Ok so thinking it have nothing to see with LRS-B so what it can be ? It look like a big plane not a fighter ?
If it has the same scale as Proteus H-K to the left then prototype wingspan is 32+ meters.

flateric said:
If it has the same scale as Proteus H-K to the left then prototype wingspan is 32+ meters.

Beyond the financial disclosures, publicly available overhead imagery shows new shelters and hangars sized for an aircraft with a 130-ft.-plus wing span at Northrop’s Palmdale, Calif., plant and at Area 51, the Air Force’s secure flight-test center at Groom Lake, Nev.

From http://aviationweek.com/defense/secret-new-uas-shows-stealth-efficiency-advances

130 ft = ~39 m

Just thought the "coincidence" in dimensions was remarkable.

NG NGB publicity model, that used to hang on the NG "Wonder Wall" during AFA Air&Space Conferences in late 00s, was of ~40 m wingspan aircraft.

Attachments

• _9717dd43-bd07-420c-80ea-f54561ac20e6.Large.jpg
    _9717dd43-bd07-420c-80ea-f54561ac20e6.Large.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 259
flateric said:
marauder2048 said:

What program is 'unacknowledged' from my model prototype candidate list? J-UCAS? NGB? The only one we can dispute is 'RQ-180' which is in NCND status by AF officials.
But your cranked kite NG TERN existense is acknowledged then.
Where we can read about it?

Is that Not Claimed Not Denied?

Ogami musashi said:
To me the geometry of the wings is different from the NGB model.

But does match more closely the RQ-180 rendering.

Flyaway said:
Ogami musashi said:
To me the geometry of the wings is different from the NGB model.

But does match more closely the RQ-180 rendering.
The proportions of the forward sweep do not match that rendering. Also, that rendering is not official, which is not surprising considering the RQ-180 is a grey project. This would be very surprising if one model was visible for all people that visit his office.

(?...?)

Attachments

• sb.jpg
    sb.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 181
  • average.jpg
    average.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 184
bipa said:
When you have to show something in your LRS-B ad, you take an old public NGB configuration and (0...0).

Old Ngb in vidéo. Old Ngb model in office dont you think its a little strange ? But Real shape in public years away before disclosure ?

You should somehow improve your logic and understand event timeline. The time that commercial was aired (winter '15) , NG was not allowed by AF to reveal LRS-B real configuration, so they have used abandoned cranked kite NGB configuration.

Well. I was asked a question -"Where is X-47B model in Hernandez office that likely must have been there? Isn't model on the top is just an J-UCAS where you can't see top inlet due to the angle?"...
The other theory is X-47C with its lack of cockpit bump as it's unmanned, and twin side inlets, but it shoud have been 172 ft wingspan beast (then model has other scale than Proteus)...

Attachments

• 6a00d83451b88369e200e54f25152b8834-800wi.jpg
    6a00d83451b88369e200e54f25152b8834-800wi.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 294
  • NG subsonic LRS.jpg
    NG subsonic LRS.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 297
dark sidius said:
Its strange that there is not a model of b-21 in the office now if the shape is public. The rendering of the B-21 is the first iteration of B-2
Why+did+the+remix+start+playing+through+my+head+_4c7f2729dd96ab40aabcaf462c2c50e7.png

dark sidius said:
Its strange that there is not a model of b-21 in the office now if the shape is public .
Public: one angle, carefully sanitized rendering.
Dark, how old are you? It would explain a lot.