This is hilariously funny...

Status
Not open for further replies.
6a00d83516c0ad53ef0120a91bd0ab970b-pi

William Heath Robinson, who should have been even more of an inspiration for steampunk. These are his solutions for maintaining a genteel country lifestyle in the modern city.

Attachments

• 133556950_1125594097870150_9167106787471525757_o.jpg
    133556950_1125594097870150_9167106787471525757_o.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_9686.jpeg
    IMG_9686.jpeg
    662.9 KB · Views: 44
  • 194306869_10208704848295183_7059954547290970843_n.jpg
    194306869_10208704848295183_7059954547290970843_n.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 43
  • 194546516_10208704846775145_5677138319092617364_n.jpg
    194546516_10208704846775145_5677138319092617364_n.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 45
MARVEL comic made the PR disaster of the year !

This is new Filipino-American shield-bearer hero for "The United States of Captain America #4."
her name Ari Agbayani
Translated from Filipino it means "Mighty Vagina"...

E3ElKN_XIAMX0A-

This is new Filipino-American shield-bearer hero for "The United States of Captain America #4."
her name Ari Agbayani

E3ElKN_XIAMX0A-
Mighty shit I'd say.

1623029727436.png

The US Army is installing diaper changing tables on the M1...

her name Ari Agbayani

E3ElKN_XIAMX0A-
Mighty shit I'd say.
That's a major problem in international marketing and explains why a lot of Japanese car companies like Lexus use names that seem evocative but don't appear in any dictionary. Rolls Royce was going to call a model the Silver Mist until they found out what it means in German: shit, manure and so on.

Slang complicates things too, and Honda found out that Fitta was Swedish slang for vagina and a car they had intended to market with that name was going to be advertised with slogans like "Small on the outside, big on the inside" and "Use it for your daily pleasure." Whoops...

By the way, "My hovercraft is full of eels" is "A légpárnásom tele van angolnákkal" in Hungarian.

Last edited:
Chevrolet had to change the name of the 'Nova' in Mexico years ago after they were told 'No Va' meant 'No Go' in Mexican.

Local forces were unable to sell the alcohol due to religious and cultural differences in Afghanistan.
A defence ministry spokeswoman said on Monday that they had found a civilian contractor to repatriate the drinks.
[...]
More than 60,000 cans of beer and hundreds of bottles of wine and champagne are at Camp Marmal near Mazar-i-Sharif in northern Afghanistan, the paper reported.

Spokeswoman Christina Routsi announced on Monday that the contractor will now fly these back to Germany before the last German troops leave.

Time to revise your interception geometry with a Cessna...

Last edited:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX169YBukuE

Okaaaaay, so today, a man slapped President Macron, and guess what he shouted, the idiot ?

Listen carefully at 0:31 to 0:33

MONTJOIE ! SAINT DENIS ! - just like the cult movie above, "Les visiteurs" - Godefroy de Montmirail defending from the CRS.

France is doomed... the brain dead have sized power ahead of their idol Marine le Pen.

Chevrolet had to change the name of the 'Nova' in Mexico years ago after they were told 'No Va' meant 'No Go' in Mexican.
Nova in Spanish actually means ... Nova. A type of a star. Unlike Pajero, this is a myth. Altough some people didd joke anobout the "no va", they didn't change the name and it sold allegedly quite well.

From similar area: Before Coca Cola chose official way how to transliterate its name to Chinese, many vendors allegedly used their own combinations of Chinese characters that sounded vaguely like Coca Cola. This included "wax-flattened mare" and "bite the wax tadpole".

Last edited:
Audi E-tron = étron = poo

Renault Koleos: in greek it means "balls" also "collé au s-" "glued to the s-" as in "collé au slip " "stuck to the underwear"

Then again, as I already mentioned up thread, circa 2010 and within the span of a few weeks three ministers of President Sarkozy made unbelieveable slip of the tongue (no crass joke there please).

Rachida Dati shot first, mangling "inflation" into "fellation" - blowjob. Live on TV, a sunday afternoon.

Then it was Brice Hortefeux, who mangled "fingerprints" and "genetic fingerprints" ("empreintes GEN-etiques et dig-ITALES) into LES EMPREINTES GEN-ITALES - which exactly translates as "genitals fingerprints" (I don't even want to imagine a policeman asking mine, the horror !)

And finally, Prime Minister François Fillon, live on TV at parliament, mangled "gaz de shiste" (shale gas) into "gaz de shit" (weed smoke)

Last edited:
I'm sure he was just being sarcastic.
Yes, I'd agree he was just indirectly invoking King Canute to make a point.
The problem is he was absolutely guaranteed he'd get the stereotypical Cnut interpretation (I'm so stupid I think my ego can stop tides) rather than the subtle one (I'm well aware of the limits of my power, watch me stop this tide, not) from the other side/the media. The chance to look stupid, particularly if the Forestry Service official had chosen to answer the point with a physics lesson, is so high you'd have to be stupid to take it. So he's damned either way.

her name Ari Agbayani

E3ElKN_XIAMX0A-
Mighty shit I'd say.
That's a major problem in international marketing and explains why a lot of Japanese car companies like Lexus use names that seem evocative but don't appear in any dictionary. Rolls Royce was going to call a model the Silver Mist until they found out what it means in German: shit, manure and so on.

Slang complicates things too, and Honda found out that Fitta was Swedish slang for vagina and a car they had intended to market with that name was going to be advertised with slogans like "Small on the outside, big on the inside" and "Use it for your daily pleasure." Whoops...

By the way, "My hovercraft is full of eels" is "A légpárnásom tele van angolnákkal" in Hungarian.

Another problem is people using Google translate and thinking they're fluent in a language. "Ari" means genitals when it's combined with a gender reference. Vagina would be "ari ng babae," which is loosely "something belonging to a woman."

The creator is Filipino btw.

Last edited:
These days it's easy peesy to get a product name...

My product will be called Light Stattax...

Status
Not open for further replies.