The US Space Force

The simulation has a less pronounced antenna jutting out the side at least.

More about it here:

View: https://twitter.com/SemperCitiusSDA/status/1698002385488986156?s=20

Last edited:
View: https://twitter.com/LMSpace/status/1698010836927939008?s=20

Last edited:
What it says to me watching above picture: time travel does exist.

Please do remember that all the lazy ones that didn't achieve much (if not nothing) with way more money will only smear and tarnish Musk to hide their embarrassing failures.

Last edited:

Future Trends and Challenges for PB Weapon Technologies
Despite investments spanning several decades, PB weapons are currently unproven and significant challenges to their adoption remain.

Neutron and photon beam sources in SWAP-constrained packages are insufficient to generate militarily relevant effects.

In order to be militarily relevant by 2060, particle beams must propagate militarily relevant distances.
turns out 2060 is little far out as Laser Coupled Particle Beams (LCPBs) are a thing in civilian research..

starlink (or new military version) seeks or argubly now dominates milsatcom usage, that effects spacecom and spaceforce

Does the U.S. use Starlink outside of its contract for Ukraine?
dont know dont care, likely not, but if there were to be be any escalation NATO would have NO CHOICE but to utilize as much Starlink as could be immediately procured.
Musk is proposing a military version because, IMHO there is no competitor for practical milsatcom to be affordably available to lowest possible echelon.

Off topic - I can be from time to time (as well as redundant) - but I just don’t understand why there are many many SRB designs that appear to be conversion candidates for the conventional IRBM mission and never seem to be contemplated for that purpose. History is filled with “ballistic missile to booster” examples why not go the other way?

Off topic - I can be from time to time (as well as redundant) - but I just don’t understand why there are many many SRB designs that appear to be conversion candidates for the conventional IRBM mission and never seem to be contemplated for that purpose. History is filled with “ballistic missile to booster” examples why not go the other way?
SRM is the proper term, SRB refers to specific configurations (Shuttle and Atlas V). The unsuitability is due to too big (long), not made for the elements, not for long term storage, too high of thrust (vs longer duration), not robust for handling. And because they were banned by the INF for most of the last of the 35 years.