The South China Sea NEWS ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do opinion pieces by commentators (rather than actual news by actual journalists) qualify for “news only” threads such as this?
And for anyone who manages to get to the end that’s where some (but not all) of the more crazy stuff the writer (Gordon Chang) has been promoting comes to the fore.
Which is notable for a commentator who appears to have traded on being an expert on Communist China while predicting its extremely imminent collapse for the last 20 years or so, and while collecting and disseminating every nutty conspiracy theory that appears to conform with his views of the PRC.

Do opinion pieces by commentators (rather than actual news by actual journalists) qualify for “news only” threads such as this?
And for anyone who manages to get to the end that’s where some (but not all) of the more crazy stuff the writer (Gordon Chang) has been promoting comes to the fore.
Which is notable for a commentator who appears to have traded on being an expert on Communist China while predicting its extremely imminent collapse for the last 20 years or so, and while collecting and disseminating every nutty conspiracy theory that appears to conform with his views of the PRC.
Does your opinion on a opinion constitute news on a news only thread??

Wait a second. Does my opinion on your opinion of the opinion piece constitute news............

It’s opinions all the way down!!!

PRC and Russian cooperation is already extant and probably also North Korea so where is the response? Projects incompetently run and eventually cancelled at the cost of billions and we are not ready, any of us. It is truly irresponsible that we are in the same position as the years prior to WW2.

PRC and Russian cooperation is already extant and probably also North Korea so where is the response? Projects incompetently run and eventually cancelled at the cost of billions and we are not ready, any of us. It is truly irresponsible that we are in the same position as the years prior to WW2.
The US’s position today is absolutely nothing like it’s position before WW2 and it’s completely historically illiterate to suggest otherwise.
China and Russia represent real challenges to the World’s democracies, including the US. But histrionics based on false “Fall of Rome” narratives hinder rather than help to tackle those challenges.

Excuse me but, where did I ever talk about the US? I am a Brit, thanks, not a Yank. Perhaps you can take that into account and rethink your spurious comments? Thanks, mate.

NB, talking about the military position not the political one, just so you know.

Excuse me but, where did I ever talk about the US? I am a Brit, thanks, not a Yank. Perhaps you can take that into account and rethink your spurious comments? Thanks, mate.

NB, talking about the military position not the political one, just so you know.
Before WW2 the UK was a world power with colonies and basis in this area.
Now it isn’t.
Hence my confusion re: your comments.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fair enuffski, I was basically referring the latest statement that future (Military) emphasis would be less European and more Asian to which I respond, What with?

I'm sorry, we have some trouble makers here who are making threats and damaging property and having to wander outside to check my car during the night is taking it's toll as is the GWS. I know my car turns 50 this year and is hardly a Ferrari but she is my pride and joy. The illegal drug dealing lodger lurks about the estate buildings and is know to carry a knife which I have seen. A bag of white powder was found last week but police are not interested in the slightest, preferring to spend time chasing lockdown breakers.

Last edited:
They will probably assume it will go nowhere under the current administration and congress, so their reaction should be muted.

With his recent behaviour, Mr Perry is unlikely to have any friends within the current administration. Bill unlikely to pass, then.

Status
Not open for further replies.