Anyways, In light of the 2 programs now being merged, will there be a new thread about the GCAP, or will discussions about it continue to happen here and in the F-X thread?

Anyways, In light of the 2 programs now being merged, will there be a new thread about the GCAP, or will discussions about it continue to happen here and in the F-X thread?

I'm discussing it with the other mods on how to move forward
my personal belief is that this thread and the FX one be moved to unbuilt projects section, as it will now never be built in those forms, but serves as an important note in aviation history
and that the joint UK-JP-IT aircraft have a new dedicated thread here to avoid duplication that is ongoing.

my personal belief is that this thread and the FX one be moved to unbuilt projects section, as it will now never be built in those forms, but serves as an important note in aviation history
and that the joint UK-JP-IT aircraft have a new dedicated thread here to avoid duplication that is ongoing.

That would be sensible helmutkohl, having the Tempest and FX threads moved to the unbuilt section of the forum would make sense and keep the GCAP thread in Aviation and Space.

That would be sensible helmutkohl, having the Tempest and FX threads moved to the unbuilt section of the forum would make sense and keep the GCAP thread in Aviation and Space.
I agree. At the point, the Tempest and F-X are now fully merged, so a new thread should be in place. Just notify me if it's made, I'd love to discuss more there.

You have seen the list of weaponry supposed to be integrated into JSF?
My points are more that there is no nefarious plan, prioritisation works differently, the UK is not at the back of the queue, and the UK doesn't have no access

The only fighter project that survives will be the European SCAF, not the English Tempest.
The English Tempest is about as much a factor in the future fighter market as the Texan F-35.
138 feels like a fantasy - why would the RAF/FAA need 138 V/STOL jets given we only have two carriers
In a white room with unlimited defence budgets, 138 is about right to give both carriers a full air wing plus the necessary aircraft for training, maintenance & attrition. Obviously that's never going to happen, but it would swallow up virtually the UK's entire stated F-35B requirement.
I suspect red admiral has seen, or is at least aware of, a lot more in this domain than is appropriate for this forum.

My points are more that there is no nefarious plan, prioritisation works differently, the UK is not at the back of the queue, and the UK doesn't have no access
Not grasping my point.
Not nefarious, just business. US politics and lobbying intrude. Pretence they don't is the path to disappointment.

There is a queue, and while we and others and various arms of the US military have various weaponry in that queue. Anything new is not guaranteed to be anywhere but at the back of that queue without a host of 'costs' unrelated to the weapon in question.

Even if it was UK only there would still be a queue because of limited people and facilities. Not to mention the cost of doing so.

It takes UK to embark on a joint program with Japanese and Italians to get a nice looking fighter design.

Point noted.