You work fast!!! Great model, the only improvements I can see would be to give it the canopy ECS exhausts from the latest Su-57 (instead of the config from the first few prototypes, and correct the air scoops at the base of the fins. These are not at the leading edge of the root, as on the Su-57 but set back quite a bit.

Stellar work though!

Hi guys, this is what I think it could look like.. RVV-SD and RVV-MD in side bays, and a pair of Kh-59MK2 in the main weapons bay:
Are the kh59mk2 in that model modelled to be 5.7m or 4.2m long (kh69) ?
4.2 meters.

By the way, I couldn't resist:

wow what a very nice looking plane, dare I say more so than the 57!
i do wish that both and its bigger brethren didnt use that digi camo. i like that all grey design in your 3d model

unless it's an aircraft with 4 inlets and 5 wings and cockpit placed in the rear right on top of the nozzle then it's a borrow of US equivalence in some fashion. I see I see.

That's a bit of an unkind reading of the article, the author was putting this design in a wider context.

The readership of course benefits from familiar examples and the X-32 fits that bill as a preceding design with similar features; we'll of course have to see what can realistically be gleaned from the presentation going forward. The now quite considerable foreign directed Russian media establishment (and perhaps its more gray zone affiliates) is participating quite actively in the roll out which is interesting and noteworthy in and of itself.
if it's 2 inlets it's an f-22 if it's one centerline then it's x-32 clone. These basic inlet layouts predated both of these aircrafts. Given the stealth requirements, if you can forgo horizontal stabilizers you would. I doubt the Russians had to reference x-32 for that added confidence in choosing this configuration.
I think the inlet splits into two across both lower sides of the belly of the airframe. Allowing the front landing gear and speculated central weapons bay to take place at the underbelly. About the similarities of aircraft you will note similar trends across the nations from generation to generation of aircraft. I think this becomes even more so with the advent of stealth. Especially when you start talking about light and medium weight stealth fighter designs.

And dang that is some wonderful rendering. Love the video, AleDucat!

Hi guys, this is what I think it could look like.. RVV-SD and RVV-MD in side bays, and a pair of Kh-59MK2 in the main weapons bay:
0f95c6f3f527e3c61b12e2551e844b3b.jpg

May I ask what you're basing the scaling off of? Looks about right, but I just want to get a rough idea on what kind of dimensional uncertainty there is.

It's everybody for himself, it seems.

Attachments

• 2021-07-20 (2).png
    2021-07-20 (2).png
    180 KB · Views: 22
0f95c6f3f527e3c61b12e2551e844b3b.jpg

May I ask what you're basing the scaling off of? Looks about right, but I just want to get a rough idea on what kind of dimensional uncertainty there is.
93a965912dc3.jpg Schopf F59.JPG

This is the ultimate Stealth per se: the Schrodinger's one. You think it's over NZ when it hasn't yet flown over Moscow.

See how the NZ air defense would have fired all their shots even before the mission Package had taken off.
Hurrah to Sukhoi Javascript department!
[/nervous laughter]

Last edited:
You've decided I'm against the aircraft, and therefore that everything I say must be biased against it. I'm simply asking the questions I see based on 20+ years in the industry.
I dare you to say one thing positive ;)

You don't have to be 'against the aircraft' or anti-Russian to not join in the breathless hype and hysteria about what is a plastic mock up of a design which has no customer, no obvious funding stream, and which thus is unlikely to see the light of day in a meaningful timeframe.

Unless it reflects a Russian acceptance that the Su-57 is unaffordable in the numbers required.

From script:

const deadline = new Date(2021, 6, 20, 18, 0);

Seems like the wrong month? (Year, Month, Day, Hour, Minutes)

Details are ok, dimensions are a bit off.

hmm those pics of the cockpit and putin and this close up
makes me think its not a mock up.

by the way, when was the last time all of us got so excited about an aircraft unveil?
this year was great as we have the Checkmate and the KF-21.

but i dont recall anything generating so much updates since Pak-fa.. which was like 10 years ago?

Enjoy it as we likely wont see something again for a while

Planned time to serial production - 5.5 years
This seems a bit optimistic. Could this hint that it's actually a prototype? I doubt it, and I think it's more likely that this is a very low estimate.
That is one of main advertisements - extensive use of existing design solutions and technology to shorten development time.
Also, you can see an izd. 180 in reflections.