Sukhoi Su-57 / T-50 / PAK FA - flight testing and development Part II [2012-current]

The aircraft and weapons for it are undergoing state tests. It is much more effective to shoot not at targets, but at real targets. What is called: "killing two birds with one stone"
if fire control and weapon release aren't mature enough and still require more testing I really doubt it would be used in real combat as it may compromise the mission. again I think it's used to test its sensor and perhaps electronic warfare suites.

My life and yours do not depend on our belief in the accuracy of this information. We can let it just be, before confirmation or refutation, without coloring it in any way
Well, by taking such information, then procede to re-insert/spread it along other channels, is exactly the premiss and in effect why there is a term called disinformation.
Buckets of salt is in short demand these days.
And again i quote a simple but meaningfull thésis;
-If you don't watch the news, you are not informed.
-If you do watch the news, you are misinformed.

By a selfdisiplinary rule, have followed this for many years, and it has served me well in life.

The aircraft is being built serially, which means that the main systems have been tested and delivered to the customer
my point. it's not for testing purposes. it's being deployed but why would deploying it as a weapon delivery platform exactly the same way any legacy system is being used for. I think its role is to test its unique capabilities (electronic and stealth) not to mature technology but for the military to better understand how to evolve doctrines with these new capabilities.

The aircraft is being built serially, which means that the main systems have been tested and delivered to the customer
my point. it's not for testing purposes. it's being deployed but why would deploying it as a weapon delivery platform exactly the same way any legacy system is being used for. I think its role is to test its unique capabilities (electronic and stealth) not to mature technology but for the military to better understand how to evolve doctrines with these new capabilities.

Not enough information to agree or disagree with your statement. If you can provide information showing it is being deployed like a fourth generation fighter I'd like to see. Also how is a fourth generation fighter deployed?

We do not know what the su-57 has done or not done. All we can really say is that it would be pretty silly to send the su-57 in potential harms way in what is still legally classified as a limited military operation. What can and cannot be done is pretty important. Also weapon systems like the Su-57, S400, S500, kinzhal, etc are probably not going to be used in this conflict to their fullest extent. First off they dont yet need to be and if it comes to a point where they do then God help us all, as in that state the world will either be at total war or something very close to it.

Edit: rewrote my post

TBF shooting down a Su-27 from gen5 plane is not that big of an achievement. Ukrainian 27s are OG ones, w/o upgrades and it unknown if old SPO-15 even capable of detecting modern AESA radars properly (assuming it was switched ob and was in working order).
So it's plausible, though it also may have been other plane who shot 27 (if it was shot down at all).
All we can really say is that it would be pretty silly to send the su-57 in potential harms way
Sumy and it's oblast located at the north of Ukraine, bordering Russia proper. With 77M or long ranged variant of R-37M (izd 810 IIRC) one doesn't need to cross the border, so there is no risk.

Anyone know what the difference between bort numbers are? It seems a bit stupid putting two 02 Red numbers onto different aircraft that were manufactured in the same year but in different months, it just does not make sense. :confused:

Something makes me think if Su-57 scored an air kill, we would at minimum see it all over the russian news. After all, is there any better way to promote the jet to potential customers, than to underscore its combat proveness ?

Last edited:
The mentality of Russians is somewhat different from that of a Westerner. For example, the Russian word "merchant" (торгаш) in some forms is a swear word

Something makes me think if Su-57 scored an air kill, we would at minimum see it all over the russian news. After all, is there any better way to promote the jet to potential customers, than to underscore its combat proveness ?
Exactly.. Just take a look on how Kreml showcased the Syrian campagn.
It was Russian Airforce this and that all over.

But hey, like someone said, it is a possibillity ofc.. its a bloddy war ongoing.

Also RCS figure he stated was for T-50 predecessor and Su-57 production series.

But he peddled it as being Su-57.

This are gen6 engine preliminary design milestones.
From top right counter-clockwise:
1 Stabilizer-less afterburner chamber
2 "Ceramic" turbine
3 High efficiency hub bearings and sealants (gaskets)
4 Disc-less wheels
5 New electrical system (likely means generator on the same axle as turbine)
6 Adaptive LP part for three-spool engine
7 Improvement of control systems and coordination between them along with new new adaptive LP allowes for 6-12% improvement of fuel efficiency at cruise (subsonic) speeds
8 Flat nozzles, thrust reverse, rtation system

Also RCS figure he stated was for T-50 predecessor and Su-57 production series.

But he peddled it as being Su-57.

those kinds of vid are making me sad and losing faith to humanity.

It's more or less part of reason why i do RCS modeling on my own. I want my own figure, which at least i can explain myself and not coming from some sketchy Quora or some other weird sources.

Also i noticed that someone actually rummaging my posts about Su-57 here as well as twitter and make a loooong post in Quora about it.

E. Marchukov - chief of Lyulka design buro:

...the flat nozzle should be integrated with the airframe, but the "Sukhoi" do not want to change the initial design, so we got a rather complicated nozzle with little loss of thrust, four independent controlled flaps: two subsonic and two supersonic (the critical cross-section of the nozzle and the thrust vector are controlled separately.)
90% of the nozzle parts are made by additive methods, ground tests are underway, lifespan tests are being prepared, and flight tests are planned this year...

Must clarify that this is not a direct quote, but my paraphrase.

from 01:41:50

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6W_5FllNGU

Last edited:
Going to be years before we see it. The way he describes though it sounds like the initial izd 30 nozzle can still be used. Guessing izd 30 will be seen with the more conventional nozzle first?