Stearman MP

boxkite

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Stearman's final design was the MP (= Multi-Purpose) in 1968(?). I wasn't able to find a drawing of this project. Who can help? Specifications are welcome too.

Thanks.

My dear boxkite,

if you read that site you find that the Stearman MP aircraft
project was twin boom aircraft;
http://nationalaviation.blade6.donet.com/components/content_manager_v02/view_nahf/htdocs/menu_ps.asp?NodeID=-771214978&group_ID=1134656385&Parent_ID=-1
and I found it here;
http://www.google.com/patents?id=jNN0AAAAEBAJ&printsec=abstract&zoom=4&dq=Stearman+aircraft&as_drrb_ap=q&as_minm_ap=1&as_miny_ap=2007&as_maxm_ap=1&as_maxy_ap=2007&as_drrb_is=q&as_minm_is=1&as_miny_is=2007&as_maxm_is=1&as_maxy_is=2007&num=100

Attachments

• Stearman.JPG
    Stearman.JPG
    17.9 KB · Views: 225
Interesting. Looks remarkably like the Transavia PL-12 Airtruk!

transavia_airtruck.jpg

Nice find. So the Stearman MP could be a candidate for Tophe's collection. (Can you hear/'read' me, Tophe?)

Old thread. If anyone's watching .....
I have some blueprints of the MP that I got from my mother who's father (my grandfather) William Hamel, worked with Lloyd back in the day in Dos Palos California designing farming implements. Somehow my mother ended up with these blueprints which I have now. This is the best one in my opinion. The others seem to be copies and two in reverse image. If you zoom in on the upper right of the blueprint you can see where Lloyd manually updated the horsepower of the engine.

MP Blueprint.jpg

Last edited:
Amazing drawing,

and welcome aboard C-Dubya.

The motivation for in-connected twin tail booms is to allow a truck to drive close to the chemical hopper and re-fill it in less than a minute. Ag planes do dozens of flights per hour.

The best feature: you can spray your crops, remove the tank, replace it with the passenger compartment in 10 - 20 minutes and load up 2 friends for a nice lunch at Harris Ranch Restaurant :)

Old thread. If anyone's watching .....
I have some blueprints of the MP that I got from my mother who's father (my grandfather) William Hamel, worked with Lloyd back in the day in Dos Palos California designing farming implements. Somehow my mother ended up with these blueprints which I have now. This is the best one in my opinion. The others seem to be copies and two in reverse image. If you zoom in on the upper right of the blueprint you can see where Lloyd manually updated the horsepower of the engine.

View attachment 676157
Welcome aboard - impressive way to introduce yourself!

Any chance of scans of the drawings? Would like to look at that as a possible R/C model....

Enjoy the Day! Mark

Last edited: