StandOff & PGM Weapons

Were those two here?

K08BE (no apparent name) glide bomb. 500kg caliber, 390kg HE-FRAG warhead, Satnav guidance, 40km range.

120753fae61b13f5a21023140f7113ae.jpg

K08BE_MAKS-2019_06.jpg

K029BE UPAB-1500 glide bomb. 1500kg caliber, 1010kg bunker buster warhead, Satnav guidance, 50km range.
3412678_original.jpg

3413063_original.jpg

3413394_original.jpg

UAB-1500B-E_MAKS-2019_PROSP_01.jpg

Last edited:
How many pallets were dropped and loaded? The article mentions a four cell pallet, but it looks like there are at least two pallets on the flat bed.

Was AGM-158B ever integrated with the F-18? Or will these be used from the F-35s?

Was AGM-158B ever integrated with the F-18? Or will these be used from the F-35s?

This is for both. The USN also ordered JASSM-ER for Super Hornet last year. Given the commonalities between LRASM and JASSM-ER, integration should be fairly straightforward.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-ep1tbiEGs

View: https://twitter.com/US_SOCEUR/status/1590312983296880640
View: https://twitter.com/352SOW/status/1590389210825035780

Last edited:

• Weight: Light 120kg / Heavy 1,300kg
  • icon-length.png

Length: Light < 2m / Heavy 4m
  • icon-diameter.png

Warhead: Light 80kg multi-effect unitary charge / Heavy 1,000kg class with combined high blast and penetration effects
  • icon-max-intercept-range.png

Max range: Light and Heavy much greater than 100 km

1668012736412.png

• icon-length.png

• icon-diameter.png

Warhead: Light 80kg multi-effect unitary charge / Heavy 1,000kg class with combined high blast and penetration effects

View attachment 686910

Isn't the light version redundant with SDB I/II and the heavy version not particularly different from a Mk84 with a wing and appropriate guidance kit?

• icon-length.png

• icon-diameter.png

View attachment 686910

Isn't the light version redundant with SDB I/II and the heavy version not particularly different from a Mk84 with a wing and appropriate guidance kit?
Not if they are free of US restrictions.

The quote range seems optimistic for a glider, "much greater than 100km."

100km maybe, 'much greater' than that would require an engine though.

The quote range seems optimistic for a glider, "much greater than 100km."

100km maybe, 'much greater' than that would require an engine though.
It is more likely referring to the MBDA France "SmartCruiser" concept which literally is reinventing SPEAR3

Attachments

• 1668030279833.png
    1668030279833.png
    176 KB · Views: 20

• icon-length.png

• icon-diameter.png

View attachment 686910
Blast is ok, but i honestly wonder how much penetration you'll get after gliding on a wing like this.

Probably works like the penetration warhead in tomahawk. With some sort of shaped charge directed blast precursor.

Saber missile from UAE(analogue to JASSM)

If it enters production will help increase stand-off capabilities of GCC and give them the ability to strike in conjunction with CENTCOM aircraft if the need arises.

saber-missile-large.jpg.webp

Any word as to the speed of the Saber missile? That is one mean looking missile, I certainly would not want to be on the wrong side of one that is for sure.

That is a pity Forest Green, I would have thought that the UAE would have designed a hypersonic missile? But I suppose that they will be looking into that field later on once that the Saber enters service in large numbers.

That is a pity Forest Green, I would have thought that the UAE would have designed a hypersonic missile? But I suppose that they will be looking into that field later on once that the Saber enters service in large numbers.

No else has an air launched hypersonic air breathing missile; I can’t imagine the UAE even has research in this field. I’m impressed they can put together a JASSM clone.

Any word as to the speed of the Saber missile? That is one mean looking missile, I certainly would not want to be on the wrong side of one that is for sure.
Mach 0.8 but it will have advanced guidance including TERCOM and a terminal IR seeker. Altitude is claimed to be 5 meters which is fairly hard to intercept especially with its low observable airframe.

This is to supplement Storm Shadow/SCALP on the Mirages, and likely will be integrated on the Rafales.

Last edited:

No else has an air launched hypersonic air breathing missile; I can’t imagine the UAE even has research in this field. I’m impressed they can put together a JASSM clone.
Hypersonics are extremely difficult you're correct, but unneeded for their needs either way. They likely plan on using this against Iran if push comes to shove but it would most likely be apart of a larger American strike package. Iran doesn't have the necessary anti CM infrastructure to defend against mass(100+) cruise missile strikes against HVTs.

If integrated on the Mirage it will be a missile per plane, and on the Rafale it would be a pair of Sabers per plane. They are a hundred kilos lighter than the Storm Shadow/SCALP. Mixed strike package of F-16s with SLAM-ER, and Mirages with Storm Shadow and Saber would be extremely effective not to mention that in a real conflict the USAF and USN would be supporting any action.

Below are pics with Storm Shadow/SCALP on the Rafale and Mirage

FsVNUHbWIAA05b6

SCALP-STORM-SHADOW-RAFALE-13_zoom.jpg

If the UAE are not capable of designing and building a hypersonic missile then maybe they could join forces with a country that has experience. France and the UK for example are currently working on a new cruise missile that will be replacing the Storm Shadow/SCALP and that is rumoured to be hypersonic.

The Dutch have announced they are buying JASSM-ER for their F-35's, PULS MLRS for the army and Tomahawks for the navy.

In Dutch

Last edited: