SpaceX (general discussion)

You know I half forget about Falcon Heavy as it’s so long since it last flew.

Crazy, isn't it ? to think it was 4 years ago in 2018 - with so much hype around it. And now it has nearly been wiped out of SpaceX spotlight by BFR-Starship.

Crazy, isn't it ? to think it was 4 years ago in 2018 - with so much hype around it. And now it has nearly been wiped out of SpaceX spotlight by BFR-Starship.
I don’t think the delays have been on Space X’s side more to do with the DOD payloads. It has actually got a few flights lined up, as well as the DOD stuff it should be launching the Psyche interplanetary craft this year.

A Superheavy headertank lying around

FPq-ssrXoAE60is

I'm getting seriously irritated at this governmental pressure on SpaceX.

Anybody think about checking the employment history of the government employees involved? A lot of folks go back and forth between industry and government jobs with their party in power. Not accusing, but verification is warranted.

Just sayin'.

Bullshit. Stop the conspiracy nonsense.

Seriously, I wonder about the mental sanity of some people. Those wondering aloud about the naughty FAA having sold itself to evil Democrats just to stall SpaceX quest for the stars.
This is so outrageous and ridiculous, I call it horse manure. Some people really live in a desilusional, parallel and imaginary world - how surprising, as much as bears pooing in the woods. Or pizza gate. or the election being stolen. Or COVID being cured by drinking bleach, or fishtank cleaner.

Last edited:
The next governmental pressure on SpaceX.
They complain that SpaceX has not given sufficient Paperwork to them...
...bureaucrats

Seriously, I wonder about the mental sanity of some people. Those wondering aloud about the naughty FAA having sold itself to evil Democrats just to stall SpaceX quest for the stars.
This is so outrageous and ridiculous, I call it horse manure. Some people really live in a desilusional, parallel and imaginary world - how surprising, as much as bears pooing in the woods. Or pizza gate. or the election being stolen. Or COVID being cured by drinking bleach, or fishtank cleaner.
No conspiracy needed these things happen I am sure if you look back over time it would hardly be the first time. Plus the fifties don’t count as things like the space centres then were built just as much as missile sites with an approach driven by Cold War urgency.

Current Score Blue Origin vs SpaceX

20 Suborbital Flight with New Shepard
5 manned flights Suborbital with total 14 persons
Zero flight New Glenn (and zero flight Vulcan rocket do lack of BE-4 engines)

114 Suborbital Landing with Falcon 9
148 flights Falcon 9 and Heavy
6 manned flights to space with total 22 persons
9 Suborbital Test of Starship
zero flight Starship/Superheavy (could happen in April or August 2022 depends on FAA or how fast the KSC launch pad is finish)

oh boy
How gonna Blue and ULA catch up with that lead for SpaceX ?

That was an uncharitable, unwarranted, and classless way to comment on my post. The personal attacks are out of line.

How about READING my post before ranting. I didn't write anything about a particular political party. If you had read my comment completely you would have realized I was referring to the potential for folks to have a corporate bias, not a political bias.

I was (over) reacting to your post to send a message to some others members (who will recognize themselves). Sorry if that offended you. You made the distinction between corporate and political - ok. Consider I was attacking the "political" side - there has been a lot of that B.S here from some years and it is pretty tiring.

The capacity crunch will be an issue “until we get the Legions launched,” Jablonsky said.

WorldView Legion is a constellation of six imagery satellites that is critical to the company’s future. Legion has suffered a number of schedule setbacks, including delays in the delivery of the imaging instruments and production shutdowns during the covid pandemic. Most recently, the launch of the first two satellites that had been projected for early summer could be pushed to the right again because of ashortage of Ukrainian Antonov cargo aircraft used to transport spacecraft from factory to launch site.

The first two satellites will be transported by truck from Maxar’s manufacturing plant in Northern California to SpaceX’s launch facility in Cape Canaveral, Florida. That could add a couple of extra weeks to the schedule, said Jablonsky.

Maxar initially had booked two SpaceX launches for the Legion constellation: one for the first two satellites and the second for the other four. But it later decided to add a third, splitting the constellation in pairs to be launched in three-month intervals, said Jablonsky.

“We wanted to make sure we can get the capacity up there as quickly as possible, but also reduce the risk from having four Legions on one launch vehicle,” he said.

Once new satellites are in orbit, it can take anywhere from 45 to 90 days of testing and calibration before they are fully operational, he said.

Last edited:
Current Score Blue Origin vs SpaceX

20 Suborbital Flight with New Shepard
5 manned flights Suborbital with total 14 persons
Zero flight New Glenn (and zero flight Vulcan rocket do lack of BE-4 engines)

114 Suborbital Landing with Falcon 9
148 flights Falcon 9 and Heavy
6 manned flights to space with total 22 persons
9 Suborbital Test of Starship
zero flight Starship/Superheavy (could happen in April or August 2022 depends on FAA or how fast the KSC launch pad is finish)

oh boy
oh boy

They won't. Personally, I think if and when Bezos decides he's done playing with his hobby, Blue will fade away or get subsumed by some other entity.

Enjoy the Day! Mark

Maxar surely has made a big splash in that war - just like Bayraktar and Ukrainian farmer tractors.

As for Blue... hey look ! This is Jeff Bezos touring his company facilities. He even got a rather appropriate song as background.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spnE1xRRamw

"My baby blue..."

Last edited:
Started a thread for this in The Bar.
everybody run over there and have some fun :D

return to business
on 15 April SpaceX will launch two NRO satellites
on 23 April Crew Dragon Freedom to ISS
end of April Starlink Launch

Good. Luck Russia
you needed it from now.

i had expected they would try to jam the signals
not they would attacking the satellites with anti-sat

They have to launch 1584 killer satellite to take out the constellations
I not believe that dumping shrapnel’s in Starlink orbit will be effective against Satellites.

Since Starlink are US based system, the USSF and Pentagon will have word in that also !
Russia could destroy first phase but will take time, they don’t have.
once Starship is operational, Musk will dump Starlink satellite into orbit (FAA will be forced to permit Texas launch sites)
too much Satellite for VKS to Handel…

Good. Luck Russia
you needed it from now.

i had expected they would try to jam the signals
not they would attacking the satellites with anti-sat

They have to launch 1584 killer satellite to take out the constellations
I not believe that dumping shrapnel’s in Starlink orbit will be effective against Satellites.

Since Starlink are US based system, the USSF and Pentagon will have word in that also !
Russia could destroy first phase but will take time, they don’t have.
once Starship is operational, Musk will dump Starlink satellite into orbit (FAA will be forced to permit Texas launch sites)
too much Satellite for VKS to Handel…

They might be planning on directed energy attacks. Most of the starlink constellation is very low and thus vulnerable.

They might be planning on directed energy attacks. Most of the starlink constellation is very low and thus vulnerable.
They need very power full laser to hit them 1584 times…
had Russia still one of these ?