SpaceX (general discussion)

Well, Friday almost was a bust but the Sun came out as we were leaving so a quick turn around and we caught it in the 5 minutes the Sun shone upon it. My son would like to thank Elon for stacking it a few days earlier - it was destacked the day after we left. :)

So glad we added this "detour" to our trip - truly amazing to see it in person.

Light that fuse and let's see this thing fly! Mark

Attachments

• zMG_1078.jpg
    zMG_1078.jpg
    482.6 KB · Views: 29
  • zMG_1081.jpg
    zMG_1081.jpg
    541.7 KB · Views: 27
  • zMG_1078crop.jpg
    zMG_1078crop.jpg
    611.5 KB · Views: 26
  • zMG_1058.jpg
    zMG_1058.jpg
    551.8 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
I've never ran a bead nor struck an arc with stainless steel rods but I'm determined to pass this test on the first try.

leslie-nielsen-good-luck.gif

Since the cat is out bag
B4 and S20 are now Pathfinder hardware and flight will happen with B7 and S22 with Raptor 2 engine
What will happen over thirty raptor 1 engines ?

I wonder wen ULA start to make a despaired phone call to SpaceX...

At least he didn't call himself a sweet roll. As far as the current booster-ship it to Ukraine as the world's largest IRBM.

Since the cat is out bag
B4 and S20 are now Pathfinder hardware and flight will happen with B7 and S22 with Raptor 2 engine
What will happen over thirty raptor 1 engines ?

I wonder wen ULA start to make a despaired phone call to SpaceX...
Tory Bruno has just re-confirmed they will be definitely using BE-4s on Vulcan and no alternative.

The joke would surely have long grown old if you were familiar with French political debates.

ROTFL I'm familiar with them - because, you see...

If only Super Dave could put wheels on B4 at the Bonneville Salt Flats-or Adam Savage's Buster...

Business as usual at FAA
and people begin to belief this here is intentionally deliberately

FOwudDeXwAkI-ki

Current stand at KSC
3 Tower Segments ready
Fundation for the Tower and platform is pour
Erection of casting mould for Tower has begun.
what ever do FAA on April 29
SpaceX will then Assemble the launch Tower and platform in KSC

i wonder what they gonna use to transport Starship/superheavy from Texas to Florida ?

If they ever do attempt to transport vehicles from Texas to Florida it'd either be via ship or they'd launch them (subject to the FAA authorisation). When they begin launching vehicles from Florida they'll likely be built in Florida at their Roberts Rd facility in KSC - either they'd temporarily use HangarX (it is undergoing an expansion currently) or they'd wait until the rest of the Starship-dedicated facilities are built.

SLS test could delay Crew Dragon launch

If the Artemis 1 WDR does take place as planned, the earliest Ax-1 could launch is April 4 at 12:50 p.m. Eastern. Lueders said one of the factors that drives separation between the two missions is commodities like nitrogen gas needed at both launch sites. At one point, she said that might require a two-day separation between the missions, but that teams worked to shorten that to a day. “Potentially, if we get wet dress off on the 3rd, maybe we could launch on the 4th.”

So long Crew Dragon - and thanks for all the fish.
Meanwhile Boeing still hasn't flown its freakkin' Starliner manned.

Crew Dragon isn't going away any time soon. They just stopped making them because they have enough for the planned tempo. I'm slightly surprised they didn't want one more in case Soyuz stops flying entirely (a real possibility right now), or Starliner is abandoned. But that would probably require modifying the Commercial Crew contract to require a higher tempo of operations.

(The other option would be to kill Starliner and pivot back to manned Dreamchaser as a second provider. But get the cargo version operational first, please!)

So long Crew Dragon - and thanks for all the fish.
Meanwhile Boeing still hasn't flown its freakkin' Starliner manned.

Crew Dragon isn't going away any time soon. They just stopped making them because they have enough for the planned tempo. I'm slightly surprised they didn't want one more in case Soyuz stops flying entirely (a real possibility right now), or Starliner is abandoned. But that would probably require modifying the Commercial Crew contract to require a higher tempo of operations.

(The other option would be to kill Starliner and pivot back to manned Dreamchaser as a second provider. But get the cargo version operational first, please!)
It wouldn’t surprise me if in current circumstances that hasn’t been considered again with Dreamchaser.

If they ever do attempt to transport vehicles from Texas to Florida it'd either be via ship or they'd launch them (subject to the FAA authorisation). When they begin launching vehicles from Florida they'll likely be built in Florida at their Roberts Rd facility in KSC - either they'd temporarily use HangarX (it is undergoing an expansion currently) or they'd wait until the rest of the Starship-dedicated facilities are built.
They wouldn't require a FAA Environmental Approval at Florida so that's one thing. I think Elon said during his recent presentation at Boca Chico that all the operation Star Ship launches would be done from Florida and the research and test launches from Boca Chico.

WRT shipping of Boosters to Florida, that would be an interesting and stressful evolution. I don't know how well they could handle the stresses of laying on their sides for a long period of time. Same with the ships how well could they structurally hand the stress of laying on their underside for a long period of time. Both vehicles aren't really designed for that. Being at sea especially if it's rough adds a new set of forces.

Current Score Blue Origin vs SpaceX

20 Suborbital Flight with New Shepard
5 manned flights Suborbital with total 14 persons
Zero flight New Glenn (and zero flight Vulcan rocket do lack of BE-4 engines)

112 Suborbital Landing with Falcon 9
146 flights Falcon 9 and Heavy
5 manned flights to space with total 18 persons
9 Suborbital Test of Starship
zero flight Starship/Superheavy (could happen in April or August 2022 depends on FAA or how fast the KSC launch pad is finish)

On Dragon 2 hardware, they got seven capsule

C211 Freedom (ready to launch)
C210 Endurance (1 mission)
C209 Cargo Dragon (2 mission)
C208 Cargo Dragon (2 mission)
C207 Resilience (2 mission)
C206 Endeavour (2 mission)
C205 used in Flight abort test, currently in storage