SpaceX (general discussion)

Checked Jared life. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jared_Isaacman

My mind is blown. That sucker is younger (by a few months) than me and... well hell of a fucking life, he already has.
No real jealously: kudos to him.

A fleet of combat jets (Draken International ! That was HIM ??!!!) and a flight into space: now that's what I call, childhood dreams turned reality.

No surprise he goes along Elon Musk like toothpaste on the brush. Elon once rode a L-39 jet and did all kind of stupid things with it.

... and yes, the FAA is fast becoming a major pain in the rear end.
He also has his own MiG-29

If I'm guessing what happened the morning after the SpaceX Starship update...

T Bruno held a meeting so someone could explain what the heck they can do to start rapid prototyping ie. blowing shit up. Perhaps they discussed mimicking what Ford is contemplating eg folding liabilities into a sustainment company and launching a startup replacement for ULA wo the pension cost etc. They definitely need to throw the bureaucracy book out the window.

Bezos ordered a new cowboy outfit.

It really looks like these guys don't have a prayer of catching up.

Last edited:
It would be awesome if one day Starship, New Armstrong, and SLS were all flying out of the Cape
under current speed SpaceX build at Roberts Road and Pad 39A
Starship will blast off first of the three...

odd Blue Origin started frantic constructions works at there KSC Site
I have impression they are only beginning now to build the productions site for New Glenn...

oh by the way
have we uploaded the plans for Roberts Road site in this Forum ?

Last edited:
Starship S22 is finish and move to Rocket garden
what happen to unfinished S21 is unclear
also on S23 seems they scrap the parts
and focus on construction of S24 and S25
FMDOUD7WYAM-JeH

Last edited:
View: https://youtu.be/vhhAe1LnMN8

NSF Live is NASASpaceflight.com's weekly show covering the latest in spaceflight. It is broadcast live on Sundays at 3 pm Eastern. On each show, we rotate through various hosts and special guests.

Today's episode is hosted by Thomas Burghardt (News Director for NASASpaceflight.com), Chris Gebhardt (Assistant Managing Editor for NASASpaceflight.com), and special guest Scott "Kidd" Poteet (Pilot of Polaris Dawn).

Additional coverage: https://www.nasaspaceflight.com/

View on SpaceX Roberts Road in KSC from beginn February

note 12 little concrete foundation in center of picture
there same layout was used in Boca Chica to assembly the Launch Tower Modules

FKjIoWFUYAIyCl6

That just leaves bad temper, which is a waste of time.

View: https://youtu.be/vhhAe1LnMN8

NSF Live is NASASpaceflight.com's weekly show covering the latest in spaceflight. It is broadcast live on Sundays at 3 pm Eastern. On each show, we rotate through various hosts and special guests.

Today's episode is hosted by Thomas Burghardt (News Director for NASASpaceflight.com), Chris Gebhardt (Assistant Managing Editor for NASASpaceflight.com), and special guest Scott "Kidd" Poteet (Pilot of Polaris Dawn).

Additional coverage: https://www.nasaspaceflight.com/
Poteet has had an interesting career, hint hint

ATF is dealing with 290,000+ comments for receiver rule; and still plan to issue it in June 2022. Previously, they dealt with 36,000~ comments for bumpstocks.

Meanwhile, the FAA is dragging their feet on only 19,000~ comments for the Boca Chica EIA.

This does show that volume of comments are not an obstacle if the rule/process is heavily desired by those at the top.

My personal hunch, which is sadly unsupported; since I don't have any contacts "in the know" is that elements are nudging the FAA to "thumb the scale" just enough that SLS flies first.

If SLS flies first, even if it only beats Starship by a week, things will be great.

If however, Starship beats SLS -- that's going to be quite uncomfortable, because remember, back in 2014, then NASA Administrator Charles Bolden said:

"Let's be very honest again. We don't have a commercially available heavy lift vehicle. Falcon 9 Heavy may someday come about. It's on the drawing board right now. SLS is real. You've seen it down at Michoud. We're building the core stage. We have all the engines done, ready to be put on the test stand at Stennis... I don't see any hardware for a Falcon 9 Heavy, except that he's going to take three Falcon 9s and put them together and that becomes the Heavy. It's not that easy in rocketry."

If both Falcon Heavy AND Starship fly before SLS; even the dumbest congressman will start asking hard questions, which will be rather uncomfortable.

Yes, I know there are elements who want Starship:

DOD is warming up to it's potential to rapidly deploy satellite constellations; a vital national security need as space weaponry becomes more prevalent, while the NASA Science community is warming up to the idea of HLVs, as long as they're not the one paying for HLVs. (SLS is a threat to science, because SLS funding sucks away money for science spacecraft).

But they don't have enough influence (yet) to be decisive. I think what we're seeing here within NASA and other government agencies associated with space is a generational switch comparable to the "Bomber Mafia" of the 1940 to 1960s, which was slowly supplanted by the "Fighter Mafia" post-Vietnam in the US Air Force.

As I said before, I can't prove any of this, as I'm an outsider looking in, with no contacts within the bureaucracy.