SpaceX (general discussion)

Glad they figured out how to not have the camera go out.

Might be thanks to using Starlink for the datalinks? Or have they not done that yet?
I think we're talking about two different things. There's the part where they lose the signal because the booster has gone below the horizon but then the cameras on the drone ship almost always go out as well as the engine exhaust starts to impinge on the drone ship, and then come back on after landing. The last few landings the signal has remained solid on the drone ships.

I thought the cameras on the drone barge usually dropped because of uplink problems that might be solved by Starlink. But it's not a topic I've researched; just vaguely remember hearing about.

news update
they build SN07.2 test tank
it feature reduce steel alloy thickness from 4 mm to 3 mm
if it work this could increased payload by 15%

SN06 ended on Scrapyard
There indications that SN12 to 14 are not build and they jump to improved SN15
While new Nosecone undergoes unknown modification

Launchpad A get new layer of concrete
while on Launch complex foundations for new building are lay next the carcass

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP6ZKKgjAic

Glad they figured out how to not have the camera go out.
Might be thanks to using Starlink for the datalinks? Or have they not done that yet?
I think we're talking about two different things. There's the part where they lose the signal because the booster has gone below the horizon but then the cameras on the drone ship almost always go out as well as the engine exhaust starts to impinge on the drone ship, and then come back on after landing. The last few landings the signal has remained solid on the drone ships.
I thought the cameras on the drone barge usually dropped because of uplink problems that might be solved by Starlink. But it's not a topic I've researched; just vaguely remember hearing about.
They added Starlink arrays to at least one of the drone ships late last year: View: https://twitter.com/julia_bergeron/status/1329924788253560835

Prior to those images SpaceX also filed FCC requests to put Starlink arrays onto all of their ships (so the barges, the fairing recovery ships, the ship used for recovering Dragon capsules, etc), so I imagine they all were fitted with arrays late last year.

Starlink will pose an interesting problem for China and Russia (among others) as costs and receiver size come down.

Presumably they are trying to test the restart for the final ascent that they didn't quite stick last time.

Presumably they are trying to test the restart for the final ascent that they didn't quite stick last time.
Completely unrelated. It wasn't relighting that was the problem it was fuel delivery.

Parking space is amazingly small for an aerospace company (but densely packed). We are far from something like NASA or ESA for sure.
I noticed also the RV trailers... ;)

There is a Mars basin in the Gulf of Mexico that includea an area named Deimos that has been producing oil since 2007. Very likely that rig has worked that site.

https://www.offshore-mag.com/production/article/16798691/deimos-registers-first-production

i wonder, is Mars basin in the Gulf of Mexico still exploited ?
would be nice if this area become future launch complex for SpaceX
and there are allot decommissioned oil rig in Gulf

i wonder, is Mars basin in the Gulf of Mexico still exploited ?
would be nice if this area become future launch complex for SpaceX
and there are allot decommissioned oil rig in Gulf
Yes, Mars is still producing, it was a pretty big deal when I first joined my current employer. That said, it's deep water and way out there. most of your decommissioned stuff is closer to shore. Elon doesn't have to go that far out to move the exclusion zone off shore, to get a platform big enough to handle SS/SH he probably should adapt a deep water rig though...

Any news with SN9??
They had several aborts yesterday. No successful static fire.
Why all the aborts sferrin? Hope that it was nothing serious.
We don't know but it's not uncommon for them to need multiple attempts to perform a static fire; in the past there's been issues with ignitors and turbopump spin-up gas valves, but those result in aborts right at T-0. The final abort yesterday was at roughly T-0, so it's possible they had an engine start-up issue, but their aborts earlier in the day occurred during things like engine chill and propellant loading; it's possible that propellant wasn't as cold as intended, or that some sensors were operating erroneously, or that pressures weren't what were expected, etc, but ultimately we don't know.

Actually, we can be fairly certain that one abort / pause occurred because a random member of the public drove past the launch pad during testing - they had been out on the beach but the county sheriffs hadn't noticed them during their sweep (after that occurred SpaceX sent a drone out to double check).
1611244074709.png
(A screenshot from the "Launch Pad Cam" livestream via LabPadre on YouTube).

As for today, we've just heard from the speakers on Starhopper that they're targeting to have the pad clear by 11am local, with the road closure running through to 5pm. They also have a closure scheduled for 7am through to noon on Friday (county wants the beach open on weekends).