SpaceX (general discussion)

Riggghhhttt - that makes a lot of sense.

Of course a company like SpaceX - the forefront of launch technology - is going to discriminate based on talent.

What's more likely is that being a non-citizen will be a hassle for the gig. Best just to say "we've selected another applicant." It's never good to try and make them feel better and give reasons.

Good grief.

I guess I am going to say I feel discriminated against if Lockheed Martin doesn't hire me to design stealth aircrafts. If social justice prevails than I will make sure the NGAD is a disaster to let the Chinese and Russians breathe easy. Space X doesn't deserve this drama, I think its essential to have their company just only focus on rockets than having to feel the need to deal with a investigation or give them a bad image that even talented people based on their political views don't want anything to do with Space X.

It will only get worse as SpaceX makes the Senate Launch System look more and more like a colossal waste of money. And it helps Blue Origin.

As they say over on a certain well known spaceflight forum there’s no need to bring out the conspiracy theories, in fact you would find such posts rapidly deleted.

As far as I am aware Space X doesn’t hire non-US citizens due to the issues it causes with ITAR. Anyone applying to them should be aware of this beforehand I’d of thought.

It would seem on the face of it that some of Musk's foes are well in with the new administration. I wouldn't be surprised if we eventually see an attempt to nationalise Tesla.

Last edited:
It would really help keeping sour grapes, bullshit conspiracies and toxic american politics out of this thread - and forum as a whole. If you want to rant at a space website, go to Rand Simberg sandbox comment section. Geez, what a paleoconservative Qanon troll shit hole... the apple never fall far from the tree, btw.

No flight today residents returning to their homes. Reason FAA has still not approved the flight.

Anybody know why?
Depends on who you listen to. Some saying it’s because the FAA are insisting that swapping the engines has meant its a whole new vehicle needing to be re-approved for flight. Others that it’s things like a car driving past during a static fire.

The person said the FAA, rather, was “pedaling very fast” and “doing everything to speed things up to become more efficient and more effective and agile while still maintaining public safety.”
The person said that the agency expected to have the approval ready soon and that it was already working on the license for the test flight after that.
As for Musk’s tweet, the person said: “I don’t find it helpful.”

When a window does open, is there anything stopping SpaceX from launching SN-9 and 10 back to back?

The person said the FAA, rather, was “pedaling very fast” and “doing everything to speed things up to become more efficient and more effective and agile while still maintaining public safety.”
The person said that the agency expected to have the approval ready soon and that it was already working on the license for the test flight after that.
As for Musk’s tweet, the person said: “I don’t find it helpful.”
I'll believe it when I see it.

Next flight attempt will now be Monday.

When a window does open, is there anything stopping SpaceX from launching SN-9 and 10 back to back?

Complexity of efforts, limited oxygen production, and risk.

Also clearing the pad. AFAIK they currently have no way to speed up safing the vehicle after landing, they are limited by waiting on the remaining lox to boil off. They don't yet have a second landing pad operational, so they are not launching again until they can use a crane to lift off the vehicle, and they are not doing that before there is no more LOX in the tanks.

It would seem on the face of it that some of Musk's foes are well in with the new administration. I wouldn't be surprised if we eventually see an attempt to nationalise Tesla.

How did the new administration start an investigation last summer?
Are you referring to the DOJ investigation?

Complexity of efforts, limited oxygen production, and risk.
Also, such launch windows are normally strictly limited to a specific vehicle.