SpaceX (general discussion)

A lot of them speculated about how Starship will past Mach one on its way up and blablabla...
I guess that what face turn is to be in journalism at Space age...
;)

A lot of them speculated about how Starship will past Mach one on its way up and blablabla...
I guess that what face turn is to be in journalism at Space age...
;)
I didn't. I figured they'd ease up to altitude not let her rip and coast. ;)

SN9 repaired is now on its way to the launchpad.
View: https://twitter.com/spacepadreisle/status/1341428177697198082

Welcome to Texas SpaceX! Hope all your dreams come true ✨ @SpaceX @elonmusk

Will the SN9 be the final Starship test of 2020? Or will SpaceX manage to squeeze in another one before the years end?
9 days to get SN9 through it's pre-flight tests and into the air is already pretty aggressive, and it has to clear the pad before the next vehicle can roll out. No chance SN10 could go in the little time, if SN9 even flies before NYE, even if it were already complete.

From what I’ve seen SN9 might fly this year but it seems far more likely to be early January 2021.

Will the SN9 be the final Starship test of 2020? Or will SpaceX manage to squeeze in another one before the years end?
9 days to get SN9 through it's pre-flight tests and into the air is already pretty aggressive, and it has to clear the pad before the next vehicle can roll out. No chance SN10 could go in the little time, if SN9 even flies before NYE, even if it were already complete.
It doesn’t have to clear the pad as you can see above it’s using Pad B. On a other point entirely apparently parts for SN17 have been seen about the place so they really do have quite the flow of prototypes now. Another point is I think SN9 is using different steel to SN8.

Is there a launch window announced?
First Pressure testing the Tanks
Follow cryogenic test with liquid nitrogen
Follow loading propellant into Tanks
Follow Static Test fire main Tank and Header Tanks
and If there no problems like SN08 had and Weather is good (blue Sky)
Then SN09 will fly

Is there a launch window announced?
First Pressure testing the Tanks
Follow cryogenic test with liquid nitrogen
Follow loading propellant into Tanks
Follow Static Test fire main Tank and Header Tanks
and If there no problems like SN08 had and Weather is good (blue Sky)
Then SN09 will fly
Not 100% on this but I think they may discontinue pressure testing after SN9. But time will give a definitive answer on this.

It doesn’t have to clear the pad as you can see above it’s using Pad B. On a other point entirely apparently parts for SN17 have been seen about the place so they really do have quite the flow of prototypes now. Another point is I think SN9 is using different steel to SN8.
Pad A was damaged by SN8's liftoff, haven't seen indication that it's ready for a new flight yet. And, again, SN10 is not fully assembled yet.

Pad A was damaged by SN8's liftoff, haven't seen indication that it's ready for a new flight yet. And, again, SN10 is not fully assembled yet.
They are going to have fit the full works of flame trenches, water suppression systems as the Super Heavy is going to utterly destroy the launch pad each time.

Indonesia and SpaceX ?

The Government of Indonesia had phone call with Elon Musk.
They offers SpacX a launch site near the equator on the island of Biak

I wonder if Capitol Hill will has last word on this...

source:

Indonesia and SpaceX ?

source:
If Boeing can build a stealth aircraft in Australia I don't see why SpaceX couldn't build a rocket in Indonesia.

It would be kinda ironic if the starship/heavy lift was completely reusable but the launch pad had to be rebuilt from scratch every time. :)

Indonesia and SpaceX ?

source:
If Boeing can build a stealth aircraft in Australia I don't see why SpaceX couldn't build a rocket in Indonesia.
Australia is part of Five Eyes, among the very closest of allies. Indonesia is far from that.

Australia is part of Five Eyes, among the very closest of allies. Indonesia is far from that.

I'm sure Indonesia has airports that Boeing airliners fly in and out from. If Starship becomes a point-to-point transport, then the dayss of freakling out about ITAR regulations regarding sending rockets overseas will have to change.

I'm sure Indonesia has airports that Boeing airliners fly in and out from. If Starship becomes a point-to-point transport, then the dayss of freakling out about ITAR regulations regarding sending rockets overseas will have to change.
I am highly dubious about this whole idea of point to point transport other than maybe for military special forces and even then I am doubtful.

The old Delta Clipper would have been quite efficient at both orbital flights and sub-orbital hops, by all accounts.

ITAR regulations aka International Traffic in Arms Regulations
It use the United States Munitions List (USML) to regulate export use into other nations
and prevent using those products as part of Weapons that harm the USA

USML listed Launch Vehicles, Guided Missiles, Ballistic Missiles, Rockets and Satellite technology
(last one because the Intelsat 708 disaster - they label Satellites as Munitions)

Since USA has long time history of issue with Indonesia and there dream to be great power in Regio.
Like getting the Atomic bomb and it's "civilian use" to blast a Cannel true mountain range in 1980s
Next to that the rivalry with Australia a allies of USA.

It's more realistic that SpaceX get in Darwin (Australia) a Launch pad, as on Biak.
very certain that USA say NO WAY on Indonesia proposal for SpaceX
and they go for other partners, like Russia, Ukraine, China, India or People Republic of Korea...

popcorn_stephen_colbert.gif

If this information is true
2021 will be great year for Starship/Superheavy
SpaceX issue papers to FAA for:

Permits for 28 Raptor static test and 15 hop Flight
Use of both launch pad A/B for prototype testing and launch
They demand permit to up 30 km for test flights and landing downrange in ocean ( on platform?)
Next to that Expansion of Infrastructure
increase of Solarpower farm, use of Gas well on site for Propellant and a seawater desalination plant !
on launch site construction of secondary landing area. Two Integration tower and Tank structural test stand

For moment FAA is looking into matter because environmentalist protest and lawsuits

Source
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk00xSDjYDY

For moment FAA is looking into matter because environmentalist protest and lawsuits
Would be interesting to follow the money behind these.
I don’t think you need to don a tinfoil hat. To think everyone who says something against Space X is part of some paid conspiracy is utterly ludicrous.
Yet their politics are of little doubt.

The situation fostered by these 'environmentalists' predicted 70 years ago in the movie, Destination Moon, when at the last moment an attempt to serve an injunction against the flight is made, a protest by communist leaning groups.

All good men will be despised and attacked by the weak and ineffectual of the tribe. It's how we're wired I'm afraid.

Would be interesting to follow the money behind these.
I don’t think you need to don a tinfoil hat. To think everyone who says something against Space X is part of some paid conspiracy is utterly ludicrous.
Yet their politics are of little doubt.

The situation fostered by these 'environmentalists' predicted 70 years ago in the movie, Destination Moon, when at the last moment an attempt to serve an injunction against the flight is made, a protest by communist leaning groups.

All good men will be despised and attacked by the weak and ineffectual of the tribe. It's how we're wired I'm afraid.
Again don’t be silly. Most of this is to do with local residents not wanting a massive vehicle launching daily in their backyards hence why Space X is looking into offshore launch facilities.

I suspect speed of prototype testing to increase soon knowing Space X and judging by the progress on SN10.

I don’t think you need to don a tinfoil hat. To think everyone who says something against Space X is part of some paid conspiracy is utter ludicrous.

That's quite an imagination you've got there.