SpaceX (general discussion)

If you're talking about L2; it has its insiders, but nobody other than control law and system integration engineers working on Starship are going to have much of a position to say as to how likely SN8 is to survive. Even the guys that are in the best positions to be making these estimations can sometimes wrong; back in 2018 Elon claimed that Falcon Heavy had a 50/50 chance of surviving its maiden launch, yet that launch was perfect aside from the centre booster failing to land on the droneship.

According to Tweets from Mr Musk SN9 & SN10 feature minor improvements over SN8. With the more major improvements coming with SN15.

to Tweets from Mr Musk SN9 & SN10 feature minor improvements over SN8. With the more major improvements coming with SN15.
means this that SN11 to 14 will feature also minor improvements ?

Return of a Hero B1049.7 how flew for 7 time and the 100th Falcon9 mission
View: https://twitter.com/Star_Shattered/status/1332693788742082560
No idea. As they were the only ones he was asked about regarding SN9 & SN10. And he only volunteered SN15 himself and made no mention of the others.

Most recent update I've seen places the Starship hop No Earlier Than Tuesday.

Already bumped to 9am, 10am, 11am EST. If it actually flies today I'm driving to Idaho to buy lottery tickets.

Last edited:
Already bumped to 9am, 10am, 11am EST. If it actually flies today I'm driving to Idaho to buy lottery tickets.

11am now. I think you can save on the gas money for today...

Edit: weird. Your edit showed in in my quote but not on the original thread until after I posted.

11am now. I think you can save on the gas money for today...

Edit: weird. Your edit showed in in my quote but not on the original thread until after I posted.

Yeah, I get it, stuff happens, but damn I feel like Charlie Brown and the football when it comes to SpaceX. Can't remember the last time they had a launch, of any kind, that didn't slip multiple times.

Presumably they have to get it off the pad in the next couple days one way or another...

Presumably they have to get it off the pad in the next couple days one way or another...
They have filed for backup launch dates for the next two days I believe.

Any news if there is still hope for today?
The NASA Space Flight live feed are saying latter half of the launch window. Currently the cherry picker is lowering after doing some work on the nose cone. Still people on the launch pad.

Fingers crossed

(NASA WB-57 flying to Boca Chica.)

(NASA WB-57 flying to Boca Chica.)

Great find! Stoke the hype machine, hoping we get WB-57 footage of the launch.