Some Future Titles of Interest for SPF Members

9781910809488.jpg

That Boulton-Paul book's interesting. Not one of my favourite manufacturers, but Les has the access needed to tell the story.

Interesting. Much as I appreciate Alec Brew's many articles and books on B-P it will be good to get the perspective of another author.

I must say that the presentation of the cover art is excellent - if this was a physical copy, I would have pulled it from the shelf and been riffling through the pages now (which is part of the job of the cover and its artwork). Well done!

Yeah I wasn't sure how many editions are out there so I pulled an image off amazon. It is refreshing to see a book about aviation in the former USSR that is not written by Yefim Gordon.

History of Cold War reconnaissance flights

NASA’s Lost Missions

NASA’s Lost Missions

Release date 12/31/2025??

NASA’s Lost Missions

Release date 12/31/2025??
Definitely says May 2021 on the U.K. site.

Does anoby know, if this book is a good one? Is anything known about the author Xavier Tracol?

Attachments

• Tracol_Uboot_XXI_XXIII.jpg
    Tracol_Uboot_XXI_XXIII.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 32
The book seems to offer a comprehensive coverage on both preliminary/alternative designs and little known derivative/development designs (typ XXX?!). I’m seriously considering to buy it but it would be a great help to know a bit more about the contents before.

Crecy have just informed me that the Boulton Paul projects book, scheduled to be published on 30th September, will be delayed by 'a few months'

Crecy have just informed me that the Boulton Paul projects book, scheduled to be published on 30th September, will be delayed by 'a few months'

Damn, I was looking forward to it too. Any reason given as to the cause of the delay?

Just the standard Covid-19 answer.

EDIT: Apparently some kind of e-mail failure, which is something I also noticed, caused a communication breakdown and derailed the schedule

Last edited:
Translation of the description for the above:

This encyclopedia devoted to French fighter planes of the period 1939-42 paints a vast panorama of the state of health of our aviation industry on the eve of a cataclysm unprecedented in the history of our country.

With the exception of planes relegated to subordinate tasks before September 1939 and fighters delivered by the Allies after November 1942, Christian-Jacques Ehrengardt carried out a benchmark study addressing all the devices used by the front-line units of the Air Force and Naval Aeronautics during the reporting period.

Even the prototypes which made their first flight before June 25, 1940, and which could thus have entered service if events had not decided otherwise are dealt with. Each of these 22 French fighters is the subject of a detailed history covering its entire career from its conception until the withdrawal of the last existing example, including in the foreign air forces.

This meticulous 168-page work written by the creator of Aérojournal brings together around 180 photos, a dozen five-view plans and around fifty color profiles by Jean-Marie Guillou.

A landmark book that will prove essential to any aviation enthusiast, or more broadly, of the Second World War!

I don´t know if this is already published, but it seems to be very interesting: "ENCYCLOPÉDIE DES AVIONS DE CHASSE FRANÇAIS, 1939-1942" by Christian-Jacques Ehrengardt. I think I have to improve my french...

The book has indeed been published already, I have it on my shelf. Copyrigth is from 2018, I bought it earlier this year. As the description posted by Edwest already claims, the book seems to be quite complete in terms of fighters introduced to the french air force before 1942. It is quite clearly structured and well illustrated. Albeit it does provide a great overview, the detail provided on the lesser known types/ types only produced in very limited numbers, is limited to about 2 pages each.

I don´t know if this is already published, but it seems to be very interesting: "ENCYCLOPÉDIE DES AVIONS DE CHASSE FRANÇAIS, 1939-1942" by Christian-Jacques Ehrengardt. I think I have to improve my french...

The book has indeed been published already, I have it on my shelf. Copyrigth is from 2018, I bought it earlier this year. As the description posted by Edwest already claims, the book seems to be quite complete in terms of fighters introduced to the french air force before 1942. It is quite clearly structured and well illustrated. Albeit it does provide a great overview, the detail provided on the lesser known types/ types only produced in very limited numbers, is limited to about 2 pages each.

Thanks a lot. That was helpful!

he book has indeed been published already, I have it on my shelf. Copyrigth is from 2018, I bought it earlier this year. As the description posted by Edwest already claims, the book seems to be quite complete in terms of fighters introduced to the french air force before 1942. It is quite clearly structured and well illustrated. Albeit it does provide a great overview, the detail provided on the lesser known types/ types only produced in very limited numbers, is limited to about 2 pages each.

Was that any Projects in it ?.