Socata TBM 60.000 SAROHALE

ChuckAnderson

ACCESS: Confidential
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

This information is from a very recent edition of Jane's All the World's Aircraft, and it concerns mainly designs and models of unbuilt aircraft. This information is on a hard drive that I recently obtained, however I can't seem to find any way of identifying many individual aircraft, as each photo or illustration has an image designation number, without any cross-reference to tell me what type a particular aircraft is.

In other words, all of these aircraft pictures have image numbers but no other information telling what type of aircraft (i.e. manufacturer, design project number, etc.) they are.

I have all of these interesting 3-views and pictures with numbers but no names!!

I have information on eight or nine aircraft designs, and I'd like to post each one on a separate posting if I could.

Could anyone help to identify this first design?

Chuck

Attachments

• aircraft from JAWA.JPG
    aircraft from JAWA.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 210
That was a HALE proposal (high altitude long endurance aircraft) from around 1995 from Aerospatiale/Socata based on the TBM700. It would have had enlarged wings/horizontal tailplanes, a 1,050-shp. Pratt & Whitney PW127 turboprop engine, could spend up to 20 hr. in the air, at 60,000 ft. altitude, carrying 990 lb. of intelligence-gathering equipment. Cruise speed would be about 162 kt and if I remember right there were plans for a UAV version.

It was very similar in principle and role the Grob Egrett.

Sentinel Chicken said:
That was a HALE proposal (high altitude long endurance aircraft) from around 1995 from Aerospatiale/Socata based on the TBM700. It would have had enlarged wings/horizontal tailplanes, a 1,050-shp. Pratt & Whitney PW127 turboprop engine, could spend up to 20 hr. in the air, at 60,000 ft. altitude, carrying 990 lb. of intelligence-gathering equipment. Cruise speed would be about 162 kt and if I remember right there were plans for a UAV version.

Hi Sentinel!

Thanks for the information on this aircraft.
Were there any estimated dimensions for this aircraft given in your source?

Chuck

Dear Chuck,

I spoke before about this aircraft in aircraft from different countries topic,
and a more informations is here;
http://www.skytec-engineering.de/hale.html

ChuckAnderson said:
Sentinel Chicken said:

Hi Sentinel!

Thanks for the information on this aircraft.
Were there any estimated dimensions for this aircraft given in your source?

Chuck

The drawing dates from 1995, and JAWA probably dropped this entry by 2000 at latest.

The proposal is called the "Socata TBM 60.000 SAROHALE (Systeme Aerospatiale de Reconnaisance et d'Observations Haute Altitude et Longue Endurance)."

The span was a staggering 48 meters with a 70 meter square wing area. The engine was a 3,100shp PW127C flat rated at only 1,050shp. A projected 400kg payload with a manned/unmanned range of 5,900km/7,100km. MTOW was 4,500kg, with a fuel load of 1,037kg/1,245kg manned/unmanned. Unmanned endurance was nearly 24 hours, or less than 20 with a pilot.