SCAN 40 search

Maveric

Fight for yor Right!
Reaction score
Hi all,

I search for drawings and infos about the french light aircraft project SCAN 40 "Scanton". This was one competitor with the Roussel 40 and SUC.10 "Courlis".

Servus

Dear Maveric

You can find some info and pics on wikipedia and on www.aviafrance.com. For the drawing you must find the french magazine Le Trait D'Union N° 123 ( I have it but I lack the scanner) there is the complete history about SCAN Factory and this fliying boat.

SCAN 40 isn't mentioned on Wikipedia or www.aviafrance.com. Anyone have pics or specs of the SCAN 40? (Bear in mind that S.C.A.N. stood for Société de construction aéronavale.)

I search for drawings and infos about the french light aircraft project SCAN 40 "Scanton". This was one competitor with the Roussel 40 and SUC.10 "Courlis".
From my files, the Roussel 40 Hirondelle (swallow) was not a competitor to the SCAN 40, but a rename of it after SCAN gave up. It never flew.
(Source: myharddisk, grade: youdecide)

Roussel Model 40 Hirondelle ex SCAN 40 Scanton 1947 never flew.jpg

Additional tidbit: the reason for SCAN giving up on the 40 project in 1948 was probably because SCAN's managing director, himself a pilot, died when he flew his SCAN-30 into a mountain.

Source (in French):

Bonjour Marveric

From "Le trait d'union"n°123 dated January 1989
Bye

Attachments

• Scan.pdf
    711 KB · Views: 30
I thing you are interestiing Vahe Demirjian, sorry for the
page 2 !!