Sadly, this is good for a chuckle. (Braniff / Boeing SST commercial)

Oh my good that was 2 years before Star Wars :eek: :eek: :eek:

I guess I know now from where George Lucas get some of his ideas...my god those 70s were...weird times?

Sixties were even weirder... :eek:

Ok, ok, I'm joking

Attachments

• F104_adv.jpg
    F104_adv.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 893
This will happen probably at next hundreds years ;D
This board are going to fantasy! ??? :-\

In Naval Fighters volume about Super Tiger I read that the F-104 won all the international orders over the Super Tiger (which was far more better fighter-bomber) because Lockheed had a great marketing team. After reading this ad I'm sure. Lockheed had a superb marketing team!!!!

After reading this ad I'm sure. Lockheed had a superb marketing team!!!!

Well, it depends on were the marketing borders are supposed to end... :-X
And, regarding that advtertising, in Italy we say "Hanno la faccia come il culo" ;D ::)

sferrin said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdF1yPFRJ9s
Where's Miles Monroe?:D

"I'm what you would call a teleological, existential atheist. I believe that there's an intelligence to the universe, with the exception of certain parts of New Jersey."

Just lovely.. a cross between Jerry & Sylvia Anderson 'Fireflash' futurism & Stanley Kubrick's 2001..

Why did the bastards cruel my future.. ..& now airport bullshit/bumph takes longer than a supersonic flight would've..

Reading the video comments, I see that someone long ago beat me to the butt scratching comment about 0:42. That we turned our backs on the idea of the SST, and more efficient means of ground transportation over the years is not just unfortunate, but perhaps a detriment to America as a whole. Consider how high speed rail is doing in the U.S., as well.

Our future passed is a lot like "Our New York" in Charles Carpentier's Flight One. It would have been wonderful, but we won't be there...