SAAB FS2020 Stealth Fighter Concept

I think what the Kanzler a. D. means is that Shinshin does not appear to have sufficient space reserves for a bay, even if one was required. There is some merit to the argument that you cannot build a useful VLO fighter below a certain threshold size, as the payload has to be accommodated internally but scales down only in discrete increments. I guess by limiting yourself to 4xMica AAMs or 2xMica + 2xSDB and no gun and no IRST it might be possible to build an aircraft which is appreciably smaller than the F-35 and yet still provides some military utility. But even if you got the external dimensions down to something approaching the Mirage 2000 or Gripen, empty weight would likely not be 7000kg class.

If the compact AAMs mulled in the US come to fruition or directed energy weapons can be made really compact, that may change the dynamic, and of course getting rid of the pilot would help a lot, too. In fact, this Saab concept seems to be premised exactly on the two former points!

Does anyone have original 2008 SAAB presentation for Korea?
A bit late of a reply but I can give you some help. The presentation took place on a seminar called "한국 공군력 건설방향과 과제 The Combat Power Enhancement Strategy for the ROKAF" by organized by KODEF and ROKAF, held in 26th of June 2008. KODEF used to have every presentation ppt files on their website but it seems like it went haywire now.

I could suggest writing them an email but wouldn't expect much from them. Maybe there might be someone on the Korean web that has the file, but most older military enthusiasts these days are active on Facebook rather than a forum so it'll be harder to find. I'll ask on a forum I use if one of the members still has this file on their drive, but like I've said, don't expect much.

Does anyone have original 2008 SAAB presentation for Korea?
So I've got a response from the person who had the presentation, and apparently its gone now. KODEF database also went down long ago.Thing's only gonna be left in SAAB.

Though here are two additional slides from the presentation. It was about SAAB's proposal for the KF-X program (P306). Coutesy Minki of Bemil.

Attachments

• K_SAAB14.jpg
    K_SAAB14.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 75
  • K_SAAB6.jpg
    K_SAAB6.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 74

This study is a follow-up study for the previous study comissioned in 2022, posted by Flateric above. The scope of research seems similar, but it seems like it's a bit more detailed and emphasizes demonstration.