Grey Havoc

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
This is back in the news again. Via SNAFU -
Reminds me of a few projects from the 1920s and 1930s. Also, McDonnell Douglas had a project around the early 1990s for cargo, likely inspired by a Japanese project begun in the 1980s.

Original promotional CGI video from 2018 (looks pretty much the same as the clip from RT):

A couple of (understandably sceptical) news pieces on it from the time:

There is a competing design from AKKA Technologies, same company that is behind the Link & Fly concept.

EDIT: Correction, the Link & Fly is the competing concept.

Last edited:
Oh nooooo, not that always high "designer" with total lack of basit physics again!..

Sorry but, do you mind me asking how passengers get from carriage to carriage on the move?

With the downdraft from that bad boy those cars in the car park aren’t going to stay where you left em.

Cross winds, downwind and gusty conditions departures are going to not quite as shown in the nice depiction...... sorry ....that’s grim reality. The nice thing about 35 thousand feet is there’s not a lot of turbulence, unlike low level which is seriously rough. That said it’s an intriguing concept.

With the flying train dream;- somebody needs to explain to them the harsh realities .....there.....there

Last edited:
Please, stop seriously discussing videos of that man! You are making me hurt, people!

Back
Top Bottom