Russian Air Power - by Yefim Gordon (due out June 2009)

Deino

Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Just found and the first impression reminds me of the once planned book on the same topic from AIR Combat / AIRtime Publishing "Russian Military Aviation Directory: Fighters, Strike Aircraft, Combat Helicopters, Transports And Tankers" by Butowski, Piotr & Eylanbekov, Zaur

Product Description
This comprehensive new book describes the current state of Russia's military air assets - the Air Force/Air Defence Force, the Naval Aviation, the air arms of the Border Guards, the Federal Security Service and the Ministry of Interior (the police). The book details the Russian Air Force's current order of battle, starting with the top command (the Air Force Chief of Staff) and down to the operational regiments and squadrons. It also includes descriptions and specifications of the Russian Air Force's and the Russian Navy's main fixed-wing and rotary-wing aircraft - combat aircraft, transports and special-mission aircraft (reconnaissance, electronic warfare etc.). The book also provides details of the missile and bomb armament carried by Russian combat aircraft today. Much attention is given to the Russian Air Force's day-to-day operations, with reports of major exercises that have taken place in recent years involving the Air Force. A special chapter deals with Russia's air bases, and coverage is given to the Russian Air Force's test and research establishments, such as the 929th State Flight Test Centre in Akhtoobinsk, as well as to the training establishments in Ryazan' (strategic bomber arm), Lipetsk (tactical aviation), and Ivanovo (military airlift aviation). A chapter devoted to naval operations includes the history of the Russian Navy's sole aircraft carrier RNS Fleet Admiral Kuznetsov and its operational shipboard fighter regiment. The book features a wealth of colour photographs and is also illustrated by maps, charts, line drawings and data tables. Also included are colour side views of aircraft currently in service with the Russian Air Force and Russian Navy, such as the Mikoyan MiG-29 and Sukhoi Su-27 fighters, the MiG-31 heavy interceptor and many more important types and variants. The book also includes portraits of leading Russian Air Force commanders and notable military pilots, such as Gen. Aleksandr Kharchevskiy, Commander of the Lipetsk Flight Test Centre, who took President Vladimir Putin on an express inspection trip to Chechnya in a Su-27UB combat trainer.

http://www.amazon.com/Russian-Air-Power-Yefim-Gordon/dp/1857803167/ref=cm_cr_pr_sims_i

Product Details
Hardcover: 336 pages
Publisher: Midland Publishing (June 2009)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1857803167
ISBN-13: 978-1857803167

Deino

PS: Any idea what or when ... or if ever ?? ???

http://www.amazon.de/Russian-Military-Aviation-Directory-Helicopters/dp/188058851X

Attachments

• Russian Airpower.jpg
    Russian Airpower.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 40
  • 51ZETZ8JFAL__SS500_.jpg
    51ZETZ8JFAL__SS500_.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 47
Any chance to get a look on it ? ???

Besides that - with the hint of a good fried ;D - I managed to order this one:

Russian Military Aviation Directory Volume 2: Strategic Bombers, Maritime Aircraft, Special Operations Aircraft, Trainers, Airborne Weapons, Organizat (Hardcover) by Piotr Butowski (Author)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Russian-Military-Aviation-Directory-Operations/dp/188058879X/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1235566106&sr=8-3

Never knew that Vol. 2 was already out ... and what's with Vol. 1 ??
When I received my copy I will post a short review.

Cheers, Deino

PS ... is Yefim's new book just a revised copy of this ??

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/reader/1857803167/ref=sib_dp_pt#reader-link

Deino ???

Skybolt said:
Russian Air Power is out now.

Has anyone got a look on - or better to say IN - it ?

Any critics or a review esp. in comparison to the older issue ?

Deino

I got my copy recently its really a nice book full of details and color pictures has details about aircraft , weapons , ORBAT.

One of the best I have seen from Yefim Gordon series.

Austin said:
I got my copy recently its really a nice book full of details and color pictures has details about aircraft , weapons , ORBAT.

How is it for objectivity?

sferrin said:
Austin said:

How is it for objectivity?

Sorry I missed this earlier , objectivity i would rate it as a fine book , if you are a russian aviation observer and cannot read and understand any thing other then English then this book is fine , I would rate is at 6 out of 10.

Back
Top Bottom