RIP 007

I do know that sean Connery did a lot of oustanding movies in an outstanding career but...

...really...

My favorite, ever, is Indiana Jones father.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P15a_fMhI3g&list=RDP15a_fMhI3g&start_radio=1

1:25 Best.line.ever

"How did you know she is a nazi ?"

"She talks in her sleep."

And this one, too

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUHZZwuybiY

"What's happening at 11 o'clock ?"

"Are we hit ?"

"More or less, junior..."

Godspeed, Sean Connery ! And thanks for all the memorable moments.

(for your pleasure only: Ursula Andress jaw-dropping moment, in HD)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQXnfjBd-hA

Last edited:
Connery passed on the role of Gandalf, partly (IIRC) because he didn't "get" the Lord of the Rings, and partly to take a role in "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" instead. His experience in the latter was sufficiently negative that he essentially quit acting. What might have been...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCVlRt9s934

(for the french members here: look carefully at Sean Connery face in the video still, walking beside Ursula Andress.
Guess where Jean Dujardin got OSS-117 antics ?!!" ROTFL)

Rest In Peace.

The arguably two greatest Bonds (Connery and Moore) are now both gone. :(

My favourite movie staring him was "Medicine Man"

medicine-man

I am surprised that no one has mentioned the first Highlander movie which I always thought that it was the best of the franchise, especially when he is playing the part of an immortal Spanish prince.

Sean Connery joins a whole crew of future stars in this British film which also reminds us how hard life was in the so called prosperous 1950s.
Sean Connery was equally at home playing a wealthy man
The stylish looks in this film mirror those in Goldfinger.

Last edited:
RIP Sir Sean.

A great man and great actor.
I want remember his brilliant play in some Sci-Fi movies like Zardoz, Meteor and the small gem that was Outland.

There was a moment in The Name Of The Rose that sticks with me to this day. The fire has started in the library and he is trying to grab books and scrolls to save. Then came the moment when realized that he can't save them all and he shrugs. For me, that moment breathed so much life into that character.

And could you forget.....

Zadoz
I dont think anyone whos seen it could forget Zardoz........even if they wanted to.
zardoz010-1.jpg

He was also in the 1979 disaster movie Meteor starring opposite Natalie Wood
MV5BNzFmMGJlNmYtMGQ5OC00Mjc3LTlhZTUtZTE2ZTYxNDc2ODQ3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUwNzk3NDc@._V1_.jpg

[obviously thats not natalie wood.....]

And the same year he starred in the movie Cuba,as an aging british mercenary during the end of the batista regime
MV5BZmQ4NjI3YmYtYWQ1MC00OWJlLTgzMzItNTAyMjE0YTFkNTc4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTc5MDI5NjE@._V1_.jpg

And he was also the voice of Draco the dragon in 1996s Dragonheart
dragonheart-1996-fantasy-movie.jpg

I had forgotten about Medicine man, I love the scene where he an Lorraine Bracco repel (or whatever the correct term is) through the jungle canopy.

I also loved Robin and Marion although that may have been because I could listen to Audrey Hepburns voice for hours, she was a true beauty.

Sean Connery joins a whole crew of future stars in this British film which also reminds us how hard life was in the so called prosperous 1950s.
Prosperity and hard work/hard lives go hand in hand. “Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” Connery didn't get to where he got by slacking off. I'm about halfway through "Hell Drivers" now, and that movie seems to exemplify the spirit: those who worked harder got paid more. Britain had a bit of a problem in the 1950's in that half its cities had been lightly retouched by the Luftwaffe, the Bob Ross of air forces, and by the time it was getting back on its feet so were all its competitors.

A lighter moment: Connery in Israel with major-general Motti Hod, in front of the famous ex-Iraqi MiG-21, now registered "007" in recognition of the secret services' contribution to operation Yahalom.
Sean Connery + Aluf Motii Hod + ex-Iraqi MiG-21-F-13 007.jpg

For those who don't know the story: on 1966-08-16, Iraqi AF captain Munir Rufa landed in Hatzor AFB with his MiG-21F-13, after his family was spirited out of Iraq by the Mossad. This major coup gave the IDF/AF the opportunity to test the MiG's performance and develop suitable counter-tactics, giving it an edge before the 6-days war.