Resurrection of Overscan's Russian Avionics Page

overscan (PaulMM)

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Having played around with an interesting new content management system (Drupal) I've started work on redoing my old Russian Avionics page as a fully searchable database with the ability to leave comments. Users can be assigned rights to modify or create pages as well.

I'm definitely thinking of no longer limiting it to Russian Avionics as well.

Once I've got everything working OK I'll publish the URL here.

Any thoughts?

That's a very good Ideea :)
Your website was the only nice source about Russian avionics.

As you can see Paul...
we all want your page back, u-r da man 8)

loco.

Yep , Nice to get those data back , But make sure that it dosent get plagarised. Or atleast appropriate reference & credits are given if linked.

I can't wait to see the database. I hope it includes current info on communications systems (V/UHF, HF, SATCOM, Data Links, etc) as it is very difficult to find info on Russian comms for aircraft that is current. For older aircraft, it's easier, but for the newer ones info is sparse. Thanks much for your efforts.

looked everywhere for a Russian avionics thread before creating one so this must be the place. Going to dump info on Su-34, Su-35 and Su-57 here.

1616521631691.png

"We are involved in the manufacture of the Himalayas station. We are already making the first samples," Alexander Logvinov, the plant's general director, told reporters on Thursday."

"We are showing the Khibiny-M system onboard a Sukhoi Su-35 [NATO reporting name: Flanker-E+] plane for the first time here. Just one year ago, the system completed its state trials. We are delivering it to the Russian Armed Forces and foreign countries where it is in great demand," adviser to the KRET first deputy CEO Vladimir Mikheyev said at a press conference during the MAKS 2017 airshow.

The L-265M10-02 Khibiny-M station is used by frontline aircraft for self- and mutual defense. The station jams radioelectronic fire control systems making part of air defense missile, antiaircraft artillery and air-launched missile systems."

04.05.2018 (14:11)

"Su-34 SVO bombers have expanded their combat potential by upgrading the Hibini REB complex"

"CAMTO, March 12. The mixed aviation regiment of the Central Military District (CVO) in the Chelyabinsk region has received an upgraded Su-34 generation fighter-bomber.
The regiment's flight and engineering staff accepted the updated aircraft at the manufacturer and flew to a permanent airfield in the Chelyabinsk region.
The advanced Su-34 fighter-bomber is equipped with special equipment that enhances the aircraft's ability to detect air, ground targets and expands the arsenal of used aircraft strike capabilities.
The aircraft was the first Su-34 fighter-bomber in the Central Military District to be upgraded and commissioned by the Air Force and Air Defense Forces in 2021, according to the press service of the Central Military District."

"The Su-34M was developed under the Sych R&D [research-and-development] program and was recently cleared for series production," the magazine said. According to AW&ST, the updated aircraft has received the K-102M targeting subsystem on the base of the Elbrus microprocessor, Sh141M radar subsystem, and other modernized devices. Most foreign-made nods of the aircraft have been replaced by those of the Russian origins"

1616525148981.png

In particular, the station implements the function of processing radar information in real time, as well as provided a mode of telescopic observation with a resolution of up to 30 cm. In particular, the locator is able to "see" the elements of the aircraft in detail - engine, keel, armament and determine by characteristic characteristics of its type.
The serial production of the Pika-M radar as part of the United Instrumentation Corporation is conducted by the Kulon Research Institute. Initially, the product was developed for multifunctional fighter-bomber Su-34, but can be used on other types of aircraft, including drones.
"Pica-M" is part of the brKR-3 on-board complex, which provides radar reconnaissance in all weather conditions and at any time of the day. The station has a mapping capacity of up to 1-1.5 m and an object detection range of up to 300 km.
The radar successfully completed the state test program in 2016. At the same time, the "Research Kulon" on the order of the Ministry of Industry and Trade is developing the technology to create a fifth-generation side-view radar with an active phased antenna grille (AFAR).

12 September 2019 A prototype radar based on radio photonics technology has been created in Russia. It will give out information in the form of a three-dimensional image. This is reported "News”With reference to its own sources in the Ministry of Defense.

The new technology creates an 3D image of the object, its three-dimensional portrait, and allows you to determine its type. It is assumed that in the next few years, radio photon radars will be installed on promising multi-functional fighters of a new generation.

Does anyone have more information on anything avionics related to the Su-57, Su-35 or Su-34 I put here? Su-57 has Sh-121M and Su-34 has Sh-141M making it seem besides new mounted EW systems they received new radars. Also what radar suite does the Su-35 have does it have? I tried to find what Sh- number its suppose to have but could not find it. Does its it go by Sh-140? Is this a good place to put Russian avionics sources best put here? or does one have to be created?