"Robert Gates, is that you??" sublight
Reaction score
Anyone got anymore info/pics on this:
http://www.rockwellcollins.com/athena/demos/ucav/index.asp

Attachments

• case_demonstrator_main.jpg
    case_demonstrator_main.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 404
Development started together with the Aurora Corp. from 1998, flight tested only 120 days after that, total cost less than 1 mil. USD, primary purpose is the basic research of the aerodynamically unstable concept and developing the necessary flight control system.

Attachments

• Raytheon UCAV.jpg
    Raytheon UCAV.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 375
  • image026.jpg
    image026.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 118
It's a twin engine design, with a flattened exhaust. AFAIK, it was built to test the control surfaces and flight control laws of a representative LO configuration. I know people who worked on it, if you have any questions I'll be glad to ask them.

ot15z9.jpg

Matej said:
Development started together with the Aurora Corp. from 1998, flight tested only 120 days after that, total cost less than 1 mil. USD, primary purpose is the basic research of the aerodynamically unstable concept and developing the necessary flight control system.

Lost my copy of the 2nd photo, thanks for posting it!

Looks like the UCAV EDI from the 2005 movie, 'Stealth'. Makes you wonder if they're working on the FA-37 Talon as well.

Attachments

• stealthpubl9kd.jpg
    stealthpubl9kd.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 75
amsci99 said:
Looks like the UCAV EDI from the 2005 movie, 'Stealth'. Makes you wonder if they're working on the FA-37 Talon as well.

EDI and Talon were Northrop Grumman ;)

Back
Top Bottom