Raytheon / E-Systems U-125 Peace Krypton

circle-5

ACCESS: Top Secret
Top Contributor
Reaction score
This Raytheon model illustrates an unknown (to me) variant of their Peace Krypton tactical recon and SIGINT platform, using a highly modified Raytheon 800 airframe.

Two synthetic aperture radars up front and a fishbone antenna farm supply data to four operator stations. More info on this study would be appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

• Raytheon E-Systems U-125 Peace Krypton sml.jpg
    Raytheon E-Systems U-125 Peace Krypton sml.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 418
Raytheon Peace Krypton pressurized section: mission-specific equipment racks by E-Systems, four operator consoles and large power supplies. These particular crewmen have not left their stations in years...

Attachments

• Raytheon U-125 Interior.jpg
    Raytheon U-125 Interior.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 351
Peace Pioneer would be a candidate for this variant. I have not found any images but Peace Pioneer is identified as a Hawker 800XP based ELINT/SIGINT platform for the RoK (it is also identified as the Raytheon Hawker 800SIG or as the RC-1800).

HTH

PS - Nice model. The lav looks painfully short kneespace!

aim9xray said:
Peace Pioneer would be a candidate for this variant. I have not found any images but Peace Pioneer is identified as a Hawker 800XP based ELINT/SIGINT platform for the RoK (it is also identified as the Raytheon Hawker 800SIG or as the RC-1800).

Thank you for the suggestion. The Peace Pioneer, while a close relative of this model, shows up on searches as the attached photo, with a single ventral radar blister instead of the twin SARs. The several small batches of U-125 airframes produced by Raytheon each had different mission-specific equipment, and a somewhat confusing genealogy.

The model's busy antenna farm reminds me of some modified U-2s that fly around Palmdale, or even Raytheon's own Guardrail. Maybe I'll go knock on Raytheon's door in El Segundo. I'm sure they'll be thrilled to give me all the details!

Photo credit: FAS.

Attachments

• Raytheon 800 SIG.jpg
    Raytheon 800 SIG.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 311
Ancient thread, but let me enhance things.

There are two different Hawker 800XP mods that were supplied to the South Korean Air Force. I worked on both of them...

One was Peace Pioneer, modified by Lockheed Goodyear. It had a SAR in the belly pod, dual ventral fins and a slightly modified wing/body fairing. It is called the Raytheon Hawker 800RA.

The other is the Peace Krypton, modified by E-Systems. It has a SIGINT system and a single ventral fin. It is called the Raytheon Hawker 800SIG.